Severe gastro symptoms ruining my life

Do you suffer from Crohn's/Colitis or IBS. If you are looking for info on how to deal with an anal fissure with these ailments, or just wanting to share your experiences, then this is the place.

Return to Crohn's/Colitis & IBS

Re: Severe gastro symptoms ruining my life

Postby Mypoorbutt » 22 Jan 2017, 13:35

Could you perhaps go to a naturopathic consultant my friend had candida which I know is nowhere near as bad as giardia but she was treated for 8 weeks and has been so much better since.
I think it's awful that the docs can say this is in your head if you are going that often surely they can see your not imagining that or the gas as that is something everyone can see/hear.
Keep trying Hun don't let them say it's in your mind when you know it isn't
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby GilmoreGirl » 22 Jan 2017, 17:57

Thanks mpb. I'm heading back to the doctor tomorrow to try and get some antibiotics, because i'm definitely feeling the same symptoms. My belly is hard like a rock, and the pain is increasing. It's a catch 22, if I wait it out and get more stool samples/blood work done I may detect something...but If I let it go too long, whatever it is may build up strength again, which may just mean I need to take more antiobiotics than I would if I started ASAP.

I'm fed up with my family physician. At my last visit, she did not seem to know the mechanism of action of nifedipine (which she prescribed), didn't know of any alternative creams for fissures, and told me the LIS was not an option since all the surgery would do was "close the open wound" and I no longer have an "open wound"...which my surgeon said was just not true. I'm not confident in her knowledge or in the fact that she's spending any time or effort on helping me. Frustrating! Making calls tomorrow to get a new family doctor, who will hopefully refer me to a new gastro.

Thanks for answering as usual mbp!
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby GilmoreGirl » 25 Jan 2017, 15:06

Mbp - quick question: how long did you feel it took for the MRI prep to run through your system? My system was pretty much empty before the test - I had about 3-4 bms in a row this morning as usual. And since the test I've been about three times, just liquid, and the fissure area is so so sore! I don't know whether to eat or if that will just make it worse
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby GilmoreGirl » 25 Jan 2017, 15:11

I don't want to - but I think I should take half a morphine. The pain is really bad I don't know what else to do!
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 25 Jan 2017, 15:40

Oh gosh Hun I'm a bit weird but it set me off for at least two days I'm sure you won't be that bad....I always ate bread an potatoes after if I didn't I would have gone more
Yes take some morphine Hun it may even slow you down a bit with some luck.
That's the only problem with things like these they just don't help an upset colon or just healed fissures
Thinking of you Hun x
Mypoorbutt

Postby GilmoreGirl » 25 Jan 2017, 16:02

Thanks mpb, I wouldn't doubt that I'll be the same with the diarrhea I've been having lately. Just having some toast now and my gut is almost rumbling again. I took a small dose of morphine - yes hopefully it will also slow things a little, if not then I'll take immodium tomorrow. I guess better to deal with this now than have postponed it later - I'd rather have a setback while I'm not great anyways than when I'm on a good trajectory
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 25 Jan 2017, 16:30

Yes Hun I tend to agree might as well do something that could cause pain while your already suffering as do it when your feeling good then ruin it.
Hopefully the morphine will work it used to take me two days of codiene and loperamide before the gushing stopped...hate any kind of chemical that can make you go as it totally sends my colon into hyperdrive lol
Mypoorbutt

Postby GilmoreGirl » 25 Jan 2017, 16:41

Ouf that's awful mpb. I agree - ive had loose stools since the colonoscopy at the end of November. Had maybe one solid bm since. Makes me want to just go ahead and do LIS to try and relieve the pain down there, but also makes me scared I won't be able to recover with such bad bms!
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby GilmoreGirl » 26 Jan 2017, 06:09

Woke up this morning with no diarrhea yet, but lots and lots of gas - maybe it's from the solution I drank or maybe from eating on a completely empty gut last night? I just want to feel good again, my gut is making so much noise it woke me up lol...sigh
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Postby William2 » 19 Dec 2017, 19:17

GilmoreGirl wrote:Soon after my colonoscopy, I began developing lots of gas and some diarrhea - I would belch every second for an hour or two during the day. The gas would then subside. I was taking miralax and Metamucil - I thought the symptoms were due to that, so I stopped both.

Since the beginning of December this has only become worse - I belch or pass gass all day, almost every second, explosively. I have severe stomach cramps and pain that have sent me to the ER twice. I have very bad diarrhea everyday.

GilmoreGirl wrote:So the antibiotics WORKED! The gas and pain stopped at day 7/8. I'm hoping whatever bug I had does NOT come back.

I'm having similar symptoms ever since my colonoscopy. I have some bloating almost all of the time, which gets much worse after dinner. It's not severe (at least, not yet), but it is painful and annoying. I plan to bring it up to my CRS when I get the call about my polyp biopsy. If the gas problems don't clear up soon, I suspect I'll need to get some antibiotics as well.
8/09 - 12/10: fissure, cured by LIS/fissurectomy
1/17 - present: fissure/hemms, healed but pain remained, 3 CRSs (nifedipine, infrared coag) were no help, cold dilating >= 1" helped but still have pain when sitting
William2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 24