Sitting sucks!!!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Sitting sucks!!!!

Postby buttgirl » 20 Nov 2007, 12:41

I don't know why I've never thought to ask this question before, but here goes:
I have to work 8 hours/day sitting at a desk. This kills my butt. I'll usuallly improve over the weekend, but by Friday, I am squirming in discomfort again. I don't have as much to complain about as I used to--there is no burning stinging pain--but I still get a deep soreness, a feeling like someone has been tapping me in exactly the same place for 8 hours. So my question is for those of you who have a desk job--how do you manage sitting?
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Re: Sitting sucks!!!!

Postby Guest » 20 Nov 2007, 13:22

I don't see how you do it! When I sit I use a cushion that I got from an interstitial cystitis website that has the center cut out completely so that nothing touches the rectum.

I posted a website under a thread I started about cushions (it might be a few pages back) if you think that might help you. I prop my legs up or sit cross legged on the chair.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 20 Nov 2007, 16:01

I have to sit a lot for my job, and sometimes drive. While I had my fissure, I just avoided both things, but it made life at work quite difficult and sometimes beyond frustrating.
I always had to just shift from cheek to cheek when I had no choice but to sit. That seemed to help a lot.
Do you have a cushiony computer chair? If you slide out to the edge on your left hip and extend your right leg, that posture can completely remove the pressure on the arse...and is not too uncomfortable at all. Rest your left arm on the armrest.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 20 Nov 2007, 16:06

I sometimes have to drive, and find it very painful.
I use a childs blow up ring (the ones they use in the pool) and sit on that, it helps a lot :)

Postby juney » 20 Nov 2007, 16:34

i also have to work 8 hours a day, and don't really have any option other than sitting. i know exactly what you mean about the deep soreness. i used to use a gel-like cushion but didn't find much relief from that. now i use a regular chair cushion, like the kind you would put on a dining room chair. it helps a little, but basically i think it only feels better because my butt is getting better.
aside from taking disability time off work, which so many of us can't do, we just have to tough it out. and it sucks :(
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 21 Nov 2007, 17:30

Hey Buttgirl,
I sit 8 hours a day also. But sometimes I would get up at my desk and stand while I was on the phone with an insurance co and use the printer as a desk. LOL. I would do my filing in charts a little bit each time so I could get up frequently. I also have my heating pad on my chair and that helps. I did the same thing you din and bought an AC adapther form my car so when I have to travel i plug in my heating pad. Thanks! Everyone is good at work they don't mind if I stand at my desk.
Take care
Patty
:snn:

Postby val » 22 Nov 2007, 02:10

I bought a cushion in a mobility shop. They had a choice of cushions with different bits cut out-the one they reccommended was a square one with like a rocket kind of shape cut out. Its really comfy and helps a lot.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86