skin tags

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

skin tags

Postby Guest » 03 May 2007, 19:49

when they do surgery do they remove skin tags or do u have to ask them? or do they leave them to sort themselves out?

Re: skin tags

Postby Guest » 04 May 2007, 06:59

Hey Gracie,
Well, I kept thinking they were going to take mine off because it was irritating and it was causing me pain after the fissure healed. I went back to the doctors a few weeks ago and his recommendation was to leave it alone. That cutting if off could set me back and give me another wound to heal from!
But he did say to use aloe vera on it and I can say that it has helped quite a bit. He said that vitamin E can soften it up and help it to recede since it is a skin tag is kind of like a scar. So I may try that next!
L.

Postby Guest » 04 May 2007, 10:09

Mine is big and protruding out, but it is from something else-because my fissure was on the other side..He never commented on it, so I guess I am stuck with this ugly thing for life!

Postby Guest » 04 May 2007, 10:44

How long have you had your skin tag, Noelle? My doctor said it could take a year for it to go away and he suggested rubbing vitamin E on it and that helps it as it does scars and burns.
I haven't started doing that-want to wait until there is no irritation but I have had success using Vitamin E on other things in the past so maybe this will help us.
It is an option to take it off. If I had pushed for it my doctor would have done it but I got scared when he said I might have a set back with pain and healing from the wound that would be left from taking it off.
Maybe now with the inflammation from the surgery it might be hard to judge how things are down there. Maybe at your follow-up you can ask about it and see what he recommends.
Have a great weekend,
Lecia

Postby Guest » 04 May 2007, 12:26

Ive had mine for many years-when I first went to surgeon that was one of my big concerns. She kept saying I dont know what you are talking about-that little piece of skin! She then said they could take it off in the office after my fissure healed. Well since I saw another surgeon and I was then focused on this I never thought to ask. I am going today but I don't know I want to pursue anyting with this area unless I have to!