soft stools diet

My soft stools diet

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: soft stools diet

Postby Bathboi » 31 Oct 2021, 18:28

Hi guys,

Sorry for being away for a bit and hope you're OK Conifer?

I discovered two things over the past month. The first is that chocolate Movicol is bloody great! (totally covers up the sodium and tastes like a choc protein shake) and the second - what I thought was a returning fissure and/or piles actually turned out to be an allergic reaction to everything I was using.

I'm going to update my Essential Fissure Shop List post with a lot more detail on that (due to promising an update on some things) so I'll have that up soon.

Hope you guys are well :)
Bathboi
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Camry » 12 Nov 2021, 16:45

Hello guys. Hope all is well. Still wondering what causes this spasms after bm. I too have the stinging/burning feeling. But whats strange is that it kicks in several hours after.

Am trying to figure out is it really spasms? Or is it the skin irritated? Usually goes away after how many uncomfortable hours. And even if it goes away, i feel it throb sometimes less the stinging and burning feeling.

Daily routine:
Prune juice half cup before breakfast
2 colace before bed time
400 mg magnesium citrate before bed time
Calmoseptine applied on fissure

Bms are softer than usual. I am now left with the stinging pain after.
Camry
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby Conifer » 13 Nov 2021, 02:50

Hi Camry

Sorry to hear you are still battling with all this. The burning and stinging is something I’m also very familiar with. Sometimes it happens straight after bm but some times it kicks in hours after. Often this develops to an intense pulsating pain and other times like a knife slicing pain. My CRS said these were all spasm signs.

It’s really debilitating and can last most of the day and into the night. Yesterday this happened. Soreish bm followed by stinging which a bath took down. Then a few hours later stinging burning and stabbing pains so into another bath.

I’m actually going into surgery tomo for LIS so hoping this will be my last day of spasms!!
Conifer
Salt Bather

Postby Camry » 13 Nov 2021, 03:43

Conifer wrote:Hi Camry

Sorry to hear you are still battling with all this. The burning and stinging is something I’m also very familiar with. Sometimes it happens straight after bm but some times it kicks in hours after. Often this develops to an intense pulsating pain and other times like a knife slicing pain. My CRS said these were all spasm signs.

It’s really debilitating and can last most of the day and into the night. Yesterday this happened. Soreish bm followed by stinging which a bath took down. Then a few hours later stinging burning and stabbing pains so into another bath.

I’m actually going into surgery tomo for LIS so hoping this will be my last day of spasms!!

I wish you luck on your procedure conifer.
Your descriptions on the spasms is similar to mine and yes it can be bothersome some days. Quite annoying in fact. Let us know your progress after lis. Keep safe.
Camry
Salt Bather

Topics: 12