something again...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

something again...

Postby Guest » 07 May 2008, 07:42

I have a minute pain every now and then whenever i keep moving around, i first assumed it was due to the itches that i got after the LIS.There has been no pain or blood buring bowel movements.When i saw myself yesterday,a part of the skin above the hole turned out to be red, which usually comes due to scratching the skin. I have managed the itches right from the beginning without scratching, what could be reason for the pain and skin getting red???????

Re: something again...

Postby Guest » 07 May 2008, 08:50

It could be friction from moving, having bms, wiping or irritation from something you have used or just normal healing.

Have you been going more, wiping more, having hard to pass bms? Have you added more movement into your day than before?

I put on some KY jelly and A&D ointment before I go to the bathroom. This helps to lube and protect the skin from trauma. I use a hand held shower sprayer to clean off with and if I do wipe I just try to blot with a wet wipe like Cottonelle.

Postby motherluch » 07 May 2008, 09:17

I know it always seems I say my favorite remedy over and over again, but I have to say it again!!!! Gold Bond powder...try it, put a lot of it on a cotton pad and apply it generously to the area several times a day and see if keeping the area cool and dry helps. It does for me, and for others the cream is the way to go. Any kind of cream or keeping the area moist in any way for me just leads to more irritation. So perhaps you should try both...good luck!!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby buttgirl » 07 May 2008, 10:10

you could also try something like neosporin or miconazole. those would help if it is a minor infection.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 07 May 2008, 16:38

I agree with Lecia use A&D ointment before your BM. I have been using that for months. I think it helps with any irritation. Then make sure you are clean and dry.
Patty

Postby juney » 07 May 2008, 16:54

what's A&D ointment anyway? I always read mentions of it in posts but have never seen/used it myself.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 07 May 2008, 17:36

It is diaper rash cream so it would be in the baby aisle but it can be used for chafing, irritations. It has vitamins a&d in it, hence the name. My whole family uses it!

Postby juney » 07 May 2008, 17:46

do you apply it to the outer area of the anus, or do you actually put it inside? i googled it just now and it said "external use only" but where i'd need it is a small area just inside where the wound is. it sounds like a good thing to use before bms...so does KY!
i feel fine, no pain, when i wake up but as soon as i go it becomes irritated all over again so maybe a protectant ointment might help that trauma everyday....
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby happyass » 07 May 2008, 18:43

if you apply anything to the outer area of the anus without actually inserting your finger in, the stuff eventually makes its way into the anus.
that is just how creams and ointments work for the most part.
but yeah, just dab it on. i liked using palmers cocoa butter.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 07 May 2008, 18:47

When I had my fissure I would stick it in a bit inside my bottom and coat from the inside out. I put ky on first so my finger would go in just a snitch without having to jam it up there. So the back of my toilet has :kyjelly:, A&D ointment, wipes and whatever catalog to take my mind off of it!