Spasms?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Spasms?

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 10 Jun 2007, 15:00

Hey, everyone. Hope you're all doing well.
I've heard some folks mention that they experience spasms. I'm just curious what exactly that means since I don't think I have been experiencing them. Is it a noticeable and uncontrollable clenching and unclenching of the sphincter muscle after a BM? I generally just experience burning after a BM...or a feeling of slight pressure down there...or just general discomfort. Sometimes for long periods of the day.
Thanks.
Steve
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21

Re: Spasms?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 10 Jun 2007, 15:03

The spasms, for me, would begin anywhere from 30-90 minutes after a BM, and it was like waves of pain that come on, last for about 5 or 6 minutes, then go away for 5-6 minutes, then come back, over and over for about two-four hours. Sometimes they lasted longer, sometimes less. It was everyday for me. I wasn't conscious of any clenching or unclenching, just the pain.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 10 Jun 2007, 15:17

I didn't have what seemed like traditional "spasm" type pain but it doesn't mean it wasn't happening. When there is an injury that is the normal response from the anal muscle. The pain I had was more of a burning, open wound like pain.

Postby Guest » 10 Jun 2007, 16:10

Hi Steve,
I have spasms about 1/2 hour to an hour afte a BM. Sometimes they last long and sometimes they go away after a nice long bath. I have burning too I will take a bath or a sitz bath to calm that down.
BBG
Patty

Postby Guest » 10 Jun 2007, 17:33

Hey Steve,
When I was having spasms I basically felt a constant burning pain which started after a bm and lasted until the late afternoon. It was worse when I tried to sit. It was intense. As soon as I started the nitro--I'm on diltiazem now--the pain was gone. Ah, these wonderdrugs!
--Merita