Steps to healing

How I got my life back

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Steps to healing

Postby jake » 30 Apr 2014, 12:34

I had fissures for over 5 years - didn't know what it was, thought it was hemorrhoids. I spent most of every day in horrible pain. It was like a living nightmare. Here's how I got better:

Step 1. Tried hemorrhoid medicines, herbs, heat, ice, baths, crying, and punching holes in walls.
*I do not recommend this step.

Step 2. Told my wife and close friends about my condition, because I had no idea what to do or where to go.

Step 3. Went to a couple of doctors who stuck fingers and metal things up my butt, which was unbelievably painful and in fact caused more tearing. *I also do not recommend this step.

Step 4. Started applying diltiazem cream, prescribed by a doctor. Didn't start feeling better.

Step 5. Went on a vegetarian diet conststing of ripe fruit, soft-cooked vegetables (stir-fried in olive oil much of the time), and chocolate. Became a chocolate lover. This diet basically made me have LIQUID bowel movements. This, and possibly also the continued application of the diltiazem, is what started healing my fissures.

Step 6. Took a trip to the Sandy Clinic in Portland, Oregon. Found out, they are the experts. Didn't have to have surgery because I was already healing, but the doctor gave me dilation treatment for my anal stenosis ("tight-ass"), which apparently is a huge cause of fissures. He also removed some internal hemorrhoids I had. All of my treatment was painless!

Step 7. Took a few relaxing days to heal, before going back to my very physical job. Continue a normal diet, with lots of fruits and vegetables, and be smart about bowel movements - never wait when I need to have one, and never push or strain. Relax! The worst I endure now is butt jokes from friends, which I can finally laught at.

I have been pain-free for over a year. I have my life back, and I feel great! HOORAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!
I would recommend the Sandy Clinic to anyone who is looking for help. You may have a different or more severe problem than me, but at least look it up. Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon.
jake

Topics: 1

Re: Steps to healing

Postby Scientist2516 » 30 Apr 2014, 14:24

Thanks for your story, Jake. Who knew chocolate was a great healer? THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!!

Seriously, I'm glad for you that you found good care, and are healed. Thanks again, for posting.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16