Stopping the pain right now

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Stopping the pain right now

Postby RawBrilliant » 26 Feb 2013, 20:24

It doesn't matter what is causing your pain.
You need it to go away right now!
Now go get into the bathtub with warm or hot water and GENTLY stimulate the area as if tickling. If it hurts to touch then move the water around it with a hand as if creating underwater waves.
Get out AS SOON as the pain has stopped.
Reply here if this didn't work. Image
Last edited by RawBrilliant on 26 Feb 2013, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.
RawBrilliant

Topics: 2

Re: Stopping the pain right now

Postby coconut » 26 Feb 2013, 20:32

Trolling?
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby RawBrilliant » 26 Feb 2013, 21:48

No, I have a fissure that is aggrevated by my ADHD medication and sometimes I have to stop whatever I'm doing immediately and get in the bath and it helps crush the pain and by bringing the mind's attention to the area and associating the attention with pleasure I can not only stop hurting but start healing. The pain does not go away forever but I'm not going to stop taking my medication because I turn into a bump on the bump on the log.
Sorry that was my first post but if that doesn't help someone who finds this forum in pain then I would be surprised.
And like I said in the original post: if that didn't relieve the pain then reply back in this topic because I have more tricks up my sleeve. They require going to a drugstore, though, and the topic here is to stop the pain NOW.
If you have any tech to stop the pain right NOW then this topic would be a great place to post and i can edit my original post to incorporate other methods that most people have immediate access to.
Last edited by RawBrilliant on 26 Feb 2013, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.
RawBrilliant

Topics: 2

Postby coconut » 26 Feb 2013, 21:56

Oh. Sorry to have misjudged.
Baths are pretty much standard care around here. I'm glad you found them.
I'd suggest not cleaning the area and instead just hop right into the bath. Gross, I know. But the tissue paper might be making it worse. If you get your poop just right and squat instead of sit, there's not a whole lot to clean anyways. I also have baby wipes for those times when I can't hop into the bath.
I had to stop taking stimulant medication years ago because of the side effects. In some ways, it was good because I learned new ways of being OK with myself as is. On the other hand, sometimes, I just want the quick fix so that I can get on with my life.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby suzyljank » 26 Feb 2013, 22:11

Hi and welcome, all suggestions are welcome. Sitting in a warm bath is very helpful and some people benefit from massaging the muscle to get it to relax, if it's not too painful. Keeping the area clean helps ease the burning sensation too but don't use soap, it tends to dry the skin too much and that can cause it to tear. Everyone tries to find what works best for them and sharing our experiences can help someone else. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby delasama » 26 Feb 2013, 22:14

i squat to poop and then jump in tub and use one of shower heads on end of hose to get clean. also the warm water feels good. before i started on miralax i had spasms so painful after bm that i would poop then lay in tub and wait for it to fill up then once water got cold i would curl up in bed and chat on this forum until i fell asleep. then if i had to poop again that day i would cry. sorry about the sad part. i was venting.
also when i squat my feet are on toilet seat. squating with feet on floor doesnt help. if you cant balance on seat then they sell a wood fixture that rests around seat.
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby coconut » 26 Feb 2013, 22:18

I use two paint canisters to squat. I've discovered recently that my toilet seat is higher than most, so lot of people do better with less hight, but that works for me.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby delasama » 26 Feb 2013, 22:21

paint cans. awesome idea! i might try that. plus my girl friend keeps asking about the dirty foot prints on her toilet seat lol
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby CrackinUp » 27 Feb 2013, 02:08

Lol, be careful delasama, those toilet seats aren't as secure as you think... could end up in tears with pooper all over the place!! Image
Maybe lift the seat up and try on the pan instead :)
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby coconut » 27 Feb 2013, 07:52

Men. If you aren't leaving the seat up, you're standing on it to squat. Image
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist