Strange, uncomfortable feeling ....

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Strange, uncomfortable feeling ....

Postby motherluch » 11 Dec 2007, 17:02

Hi everyone, another question for all of you!! I have been having this feeling up inside of my rectum for a few days now, it is kind of like a pain, but not like I am unable to continue with my daily activities, but I am aware of this strange pain almost all day long. I feel a kind of pressure inside along with this uncomfortable feeling. As I have said before, I was treated by infrared for my internal fissure about 3 weeks ago. I am not having any pain at all with BMs. I am due to get my period in a few days, and I do tend to have a bit of trouble going during this time of the month.
I am wondering what this may be, and if any of you have felt this sort of pain before? Out of curiosity, how would I know if it was an abscess or some sort of infection brewing up inside?? What would the symptoms be for something like that?? Of course, I am thinking of the worst case scenario here!!
Thanks for any input!!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Re: Strange, uncomfortable feeling ....

Postby buttgirl » 11 Dec 2007, 17:12

never had one that far up, but my abscess sypmtom (the main one) was a lot of pain and some discharge. what you have sounds more like a hemmie though.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 11 Dec 2007, 17:20

Maybe it is from the infrared? I keep feeling like I have something stuck in my bottom and that is falling down. It is a very weird feeling.

I don't know for sure but I would think an infection would hurt a lot more than just being uncomfortable. When are you going back to the doctor?

Postby motherluch » 11 Dec 2007, 17:27

Well, I was supposed to go the week after I had it done, but am continuing to put it off since it is 2 hours away, and I really would like to not have any more treatments until after Christmas. If this keeps up, I will have to go before then. I am hoping once I get my period it will get better...maybe that is wishful thinking!
Lecia, that is how I feel as well, but almost like I need to poop but know I don't have to, is that how you feel? I remember the last time I had the infrared, about 3 weeks later I did have a strange feeling up inside similar to this, but it was more intermittent the last time, this is mor consistant.
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 11 Dec 2007, 17:32

I wouldn't say that it feels like I need to poop so much but it does feel like I have something in there. I don't get the urge to push though. I even touched down there to see if something was coming out because it feels heavy like a ball or a lump but it felt normal. It must be the nerves are sending faulty information to my brain.

Mine kind of comes and goes. How many treatments on each hemmie do you need before it is destroyed. My doctor was saying I would need 6-8 treatments. Maybe I will just get the banding next time. I don't ever want to get burned again.

Postby motherluch » 11 Dec 2007, 21:01

Lecia, have you read about Levator Ani?? sounds like what you are describing. My Dr. said I would need about 3 more treatments for 3 more internal hemorrhoids. So, I think it is 1-2 treatments on average per hemorrhoid. According to him, mine are grade 1 and 2. Are you still in a lot of pain? Are you still bleeding? I hope not.
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 12 Dec 2007, 09:41

I have heard of that and wonder if I may have that as well. I will mention it to my doctor and OT next time and see what they think but I do have some of the symptoms.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Postby val » 12 Dec 2007, 10:20

Hi motherluch,
the signs of an abcess is it becomes more and more painful, and then you get yellow stuff come out of it. Nice eh?! When it starts to discharge, the pain eases a little. It also hurts if you cough, and throbs if you sit on it, although standing hurts too!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby motherluch » 12 Dec 2007, 10:27

You know what is weird?? I was just reading up on Lavator Ani, and I was told years ago that I had it. I am wondering if this is what is up with me now?? I am still having this pain, it feels like it is on the left side, I do not see anything that could be an abscess (although who knows what is inside), and I it seems I am having some of the symptoms myself. I have a friend who had this Levator syndrome for months and was quite uncomfortable with it. Who knows Lecia, maybe we both have it!! Yipee for us. Just another nightmare to add to the list of butt problems! Just be grateful you are not in NJ with this yucky, cold, dreary weather...we are suppossed to have a big snow storm tomorrow night and then again on Saturday night, I wish I lived in Florida, laying out on the beach sounds great right about now!!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 12 Dec 2007, 10:46

Well, it could be snowy here for all I care. I am stuck inside with the pain! I am going to a new CRS doctor today and see what she says. I will mention that syndrome to her.

I bet this syndrome can develop after surgeries and procedures because that area gets to tight as a response to pain. I looked at the websites and that is where I get pain off the side in addition to rectal pain.

Good grief!!!

And now I am getting abrasions next to my vagina from taking so many baths. Yet another thing to get checked out.

How did you friend get diagnosed with it and what did she do?