sugery #2 Complete

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: sugery #2 Complete

Postby pinky » 11 Nov 2008, 17:12

Good to know its all done and taken care of.You've gone through a difficult time and hope it ends soon.
Rest well and take care
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby bherna1 » 11 Nov 2008, 22:17

Thanks Pinky
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Jo » 11 Nov 2008, 23:02

Hi Bernard,
Sorry you are dealing with this difficulty. Hoping that it heals up soon and you will be done with surgeries.
Take care,
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Guest » 12 Nov 2008, 07:36

Glad you are doing OK Bernard.... I am sure you are pleased to be home !
Wishing you well on your recovery Image

Postby cherylk » 12 Nov 2008, 07:50

Bernard,
Good luck with the healing process and thanks for the update.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Deleted User 5 » 12 Nov 2008, 08:27

Maybe happy days will be here again soon, Bernard! Just believe in your healing and try not to stress!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 12 Nov 2008, 09:19

Wow-you have been through a lot. Your doctors seem to be very competent and problem solvers. Two qualities that you need! I am sure you are in a lot of pain from all the tissue samples they took. What is the next step now since your biopsies came back normal? Do they have you on a special diet or will they need to add a lot of supplements or enzymes since your body is absorbing the nutrients? I bet that has a lot to do with your healing response.
I think they were thorough about asking if putting in a temp. colostomy would be an option to give your body some time to heal. I have thought about doing that myself though I can't find a doctor who understands how much of a nightmare this is that I would ask for one just to give my butt a break. How did you find these doctors and how are they so compassionate and aware of your suffering. I have yet to find a doctor who sees the seriousness of an ongoing anal condition that is not a maglignancy.
Give yourself plenty of time to heal and control the pain. What did they give you? Do you have someone at home with you during the day?
I really hope this is it for you and will pray that all the pieces come together so that you can finally be healed from this.

Postby bherna1 » 12 Nov 2008, 23:22

i have to say i guess i stumbled accross this group of doctors through my brother who builds hospitals in that area that function as a group and strive for very high sucess rates and making sure the patients are kept happy. All the doctors who worked on me GI, Surgeons etc are in the same group and work as a team and in the same building and have the same computer systems networked. I can tell you this they havent given up on me yet. I have another 3 weeks off and go back Friday for an exam and they have a staff there that can adjust my diet in the same unit they are in. We will see how it goes. I apprecate your thoughts. Their web links are below as well as my brothers. He helped build the hospital they are in The three doctors below oversaw the procedure this past week or took a part in it. They all three signed the discharge papers. Cant wait for the bill!
http://www.tddctx.com/fernandes.html
http://www.tddctx.com/wilkofsky.html
http://www.txcolorectal.com/physician_stadler.asp
http://hsginc.org/
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby val » 13 Nov 2008, 02:06

Its good news that your results came back negative and that the doctors were very thorough and did a "whole patient" approach.
I'm sorry you're in so much pain. It sounds like they did a lot down there though, and its such a terribly sensitive area. I hope it heals up very soon for you.
Get loads of rest and take it easy and take your time to recover.
Wishing you a very speedy recovery.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 13 Nov 2008, 08:31

Yeah, that is another rectal insult, bend over again while we give you the bill.
I didnt' realize you were in Texas. For some reason I thought you were a new yorker! It is great that they care so much and awesome that everything is computerized and networked like that. So refreshing. You're gonna make it, buddy!