Surgery and Krill fish oil did the trick for me

Success story following surgery and Krill fish oil

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Surgery and Krill fish oil did the trick for me

Postby Kat » 15 Sep 2013, 02:28

I am now 15 months on from LIS surgery and all healed. I suffered from af for 11 years on and off following childbirth in 2000 but mostly managed it with rectogesic. Then I had a skiing accident in 2011 and thanks to some strong painkillers ended up with killer constipation which caused an af that just would not go away. Ten months on from the skiing accident I finally underwent the LIS surgery in June 2012. I only wish I had the surgery much sooner and didn't stuff around fearing the worst and dragging out my own misery. I also wish someone had told me that Krill fish oil has the effect of working like a stool softener so I could have ditched the Coloxyl a lot sooner.

My doctor declared the surgery a success but I became very dependent on stool softeners which after an extended period were playing havoc with my gut and I also occasionally got the odd twinge of discomfort following a bm and so was still occasionally using the rectogesic just in case. So my life was still ruled by fear of the daily bm.

The saving grace for me was the accidental discovery of Krill fish oil. I have taken a fish oil supplement for years in order to boost my omega 3 intake as I don't eat any fish. Then earlier this year my mum suggested I try the Krill oil after she switched to it and noticed it had the effect of softening the bm. I started taking a daily capsule of Krill oil in March of this year and sure enough found that the bm come out nice and soft just like it would by taking a stool softener but it did it without upsetting my stomach! Talk about a god send.

I have now been 6 months without taking a stool softener and have not felt the need to use the rectogesic and it finally, fingers crossed and touch wood, seems to be healed! Woo hoo! :D
Kat
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Re: Surgery and Krill fish oil did the trick for me

Postby pinpin » 24 Sep 2013, 08:51

Thank you for sharing your experience, sounds like this Krill fish oil made you stool soft and running.

Do you know if it is possible to purchase the same somewhere on internet?
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby Kat » 24 Sep 2013, 12:54

Krill oil is readily available in chemists and health food shops in Australia but not so much here in Europe where I am currently based. I buy it online from an Australian chemist http://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/. There's plenty of different brands to choose from. I am currently using the Caruso's brand but am not finding it to be as good as the Swisse 1000mg was which I had last time.
Kat
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby ES&H » 02 Oct 2013, 13:23

TY for this tip! I'm sure gonna try this cause I'd love to eventually get off the Miralax. My diet is so healthy now and the Miralax is so...plastic. I don't know how else to say it.

Thank you!!!!
ES&H
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3