surgery on monday and feel great....

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

surgery on monday and feel great....

Postby New mum » 11 Nov 2010, 22:06

Its always the way i have got my surgery on monday for my lis and the last 2 days i feel great no pain at all not even a sting or burn.... i still no that this is the best thing for me to do. i know its still has not healed as i sore doc 1 1/2 weeks ago. its just getting harder to talk myself into this!
has anyone felt good before there surgery????
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Re: surgery on monday and feel great....

Postby Guest » 11 Nov 2010, 22:22

Yes New mum, if you read all the older posts on here, you will see MANY felt well before LIS and thought about cancelling. You have had your fissure for 8 months,right?
I'm pretty sure you know by now they fool us and go into hiding. I had 4 good weeks at one point with my fissure and it wasn't uncommon for me to have 2 good weeks often but it never lasted....
Only you can decide when you are ready. I personally wouldn't cancel. I got tired of playing games and fooling myself into thinking it was going to heal. Your fissure is chronic and no doubt has probably got a lot of scar tissue by now. It will be hard to heal without lis but who knows?
It's really up to you though! No one can make that decision for you...If you want to keep trying to heal on your own it's your choice. Some have tried for years. I just wanted my life back and 8 months was long enough for me... Good Luck w/ whatever you decide!:)

Postby New mum » 11 Nov 2010, 22:39

THats good to know. i am going to go thur with the surgery coz the chances of it healing on its own now are slim even if i sm slowly healing now it will prob flare up again if we decide to have another bub. I think i have stressed enough in the last 3 days i dont want to cancel and go all the stressing again. it kind sucks that i am going to go in to hospital feeling great and leave in pain when it should be the other way around if you know what i mean.
Thanks for your support Dawn no one really knows what we go thru my hubby is great but when i told mum (she is babysitting when i am in hospital) she kinda just said "i gets some bleeding every now an then as you do but why would you need surgery for that, just wait it out". that god for my hubby i guess he has seen me at the worst and even says i looked more in pain with this then the birth of your daughter.
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Guest » 12 Nov 2010, 06:32

I think your mom may be like many other people who haven't experienced a fissure first hand. It's not like a little blood that goes away and happens every now and then. My daughter had that w/ a hem after the birth of her baby and my husbands had it happen twice, but they were bothe no big deal and went away....
I think my family saw how serious this was after I lost 50lbs and it freaked them all out. Most people aren't aware of the pain this brings. I gave my mom and my sister this website and after they both read , they had a better understanding of what fissures do to people. I know that before I had one , I never thought they could be a big deal.... Maybe you should give your mom this support forum website and tell her this may give her a better understanding of what fissures are. You can't just wait it out and they go away. You have waited it out long enough. Your fissure is chronic- n medical terms. Your hubby has lived through this w/ you and has saw first hand what it does. I agree child birth doesn't hold a light to a fissure!!
You get your surgery if you feel this is the time for you and you have had enough :)
Yeah there will be discomfort, but this time, you will be healing , not just having a good week or two that will end!! Just think we give our fissures 8 months to heal without surgery, a couple of weeks of being sore and HEALING is worth it.... I'm here for ya girl whatever you decide!!

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?