Hemorrhoid problem post op from LIS/fissurectomy

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Hemorrhoid problem post op from LIS/fissurectomy

Postby Jchem1 » 27 Jun 2010, 06:27

First, good luck to all those Brits, Germans, Argentinians an Mexicans out there! My beloved USA took a tough one, but I think they played valiantly and can hold their heads up
So had my surgery Friday----CRS said it went beautifully and I would "be a new man in a week"---which I do believe. However, the post op day was excruciating and I was wondering why. Turns out he said the fissure was chronic he removed it, but there I also had two non-symptomatic hemorrhoids there which he did no touch. Now I have a very large probably thrombosed hemmy just adjacent to the sutures (I can imagine how this happened......) It is very hard and I believe the throbbing from this caused some of the "spasm-like" pain I had Friday, the pain I assumed this surgery was going t alleviate.
Anyone have this issue with surgery? I have not had a BM yet but assume today will be the day. Any thing to prepare? I don't fear pain from the fissure surgery although this hemorrhoid is so "pressurized" that I wonder what will happen----and experience out there would be appreciated!
Cheers
J
Jchem1
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Hemorrhoid problem post op from LIS/fissurectomy

Postby Fissulyna » 28 Jun 2010, 01:27

Sorry to hear about a hemmie :(
It happened to me after my first LIS . My CRS accidentally hit my vein with a needle while giving me local anesthetic Image .
It was not very painful , though, and it went away on its own in about 2 weeks. It left a small skin-tag behind. Hope it will be the case with you too - that it will just go away with no problems
Hope you are taking long warm soaks since it promotes blood circulation as well as healing and also helps keeping everything clean.
Wishing you fast and complete healing Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jchem1 » 28 Jun 2010, 06:05

Thanks so much Fissulyna---This one is the size of a grape, and is causing undo pain---got worse yesterday since the pain was so great on Friday (surgery day), dd my pain meds (at wife's insistence) and of curse they constipated somewhat. First stool was much harder than I wanted, but came with little fissure pain (Thank God.....) but I fear these next few days.... just what I needed after thinking my fissure pain was now going to subside. Sat in the bath 5x yesterday alternating with ice (use Tuck's pads and some steroid cream)---down "slightly" today but still a balloon. Frustrating that now I have another pain to worry about during BM!!
I guess we take theses things one at a time.....
I like your quote at the end of your notes---what I was repeating in the tub this morning (just want my life back.....)
Cheers
J
Jchem1
Fibre Addict

Postby Fissulyna » 28 Jun 2010, 12:40

I am so sorry that it hurts so much :( !!!
Did you ask your CRS what to do about it (hemmie) ? As far as I can see, you are doing everything right Image but if it continues to be horrible nuisance, maybe it would be vise to "drain it" in the office Image I really wish it goes away by it's own , though Image !!!
Yes, for some people pain meds can be constipating. Just use some more stool softeners till this calms down and use pain meds since you had about enough of pain so far Image !!! If your sphincter is getting into the spasm, you might ask for some Valium for it to relax ! My CRS gave it to me after my second LIS and 6 other cuts he did at that time and it helped with spasm tremendously. I needed to take just a half of a pill 3 times a day and I used Dervocet for pain management for a week or two since it was really bad second time around (second LIS, fissurectomy, skin-tag removal, 3 inside centennial piles removed ) .
I do not think that steroid will help much with the whole situation too much :roll: and it can lower your immunity and possibly promote infection Image - I would steer clear from them :roll:
Hope today things will start getting better Image - keep us posted !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Deleted User 5 » 28 Jun 2010, 13:49

Dervocet for pain management for a week or two since it was really bad second time around (second LIS, fissurectomy, skin-tag removal, 3 inside centennial piles removed ) .

WOW!!
I had forgotten how much surgery you had done all at once, that second time, Fissy! Image
Jchem, I hope that Fissy's signature line transcends the despair soon for you and becomes "I got my life back!" Image
Deleted User 5

Postby Jchem1 » 28 Jun 2010, 15:56

You guys are super thanks for the support! My gosh fissy, now I know why you use your tag line......lots of trauma at once! I feel like I had it easy. The CRS today said he could take it out in the office, but suggested against it since there is already fresh trauma there and then heal time increases. He suggested that some of these bad hemmies peak at 4 days and then begin to subside..let's hope! So far, they are at that point where I can't put my cheeks together since they are so large and thrombosed. My kids have been great though, always wanting to take care of me (and at 9, the twins do a lot)
So fissy, what is your best formular for keeping soft during bouts where narcotics are needed??
Thanks again for the kind words Kim and Fissy!
J
Jchem1
Fibre Addict

Postby Fissulyna » 28 Jun 2010, 16:18

He he, dear Jchem, glad I made you feel "fortunate" ha ha Image
Well, my "siggy" is relating to many other things in my life, beside a fissure ; ))), LOL, so yes - you are having it "easy" buddy *nodge *nodge LOL ; )))
It is wonderful that your kids are taking care of you : ))) - I guess they learned from their Dad how to be caring and loving Image
That is GREAT news about hemmie prognoses Image and I will keep my fingers crossed that the "blue bugger" goes away even sooner !!!!
My poop was never very hard, so I just used Colace and small amount of Milk of Magnesia, but I was long enough here on the forum to hear a lot of stories of how to keep the poop nice and soft in more serious cases of constipation.
So far Miralax holds the first place all over with the results and satisfaction : ) (hope I get some free Miralx producer stock for endorsing the product here LMAO).
Wishing you fast-forward healing Image
I had forgotten how much surgery you had done all at once, that second time, Fissy!

Ha ha, Kim, yeah , even I forget sometimes Image LOL
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Jchem1 » 28 Jun 2010, 16:33

Man this site has the absolute coolest emotocons I have ever seen...
I had thought as much about the line Fissy, a nice thought nonetheless
I have heard The miralax story, and I do take it sometimes. But will probably it it daily fr the duration of this hem ordeal. Still burning and other pangs as I fear thee are impinging on the sutures. One day at a time....
Well, here is a hug for you Image
J
Jchem1
Fibre Addict

Postby Jchem1 » 28 Jun 2010, 16:34

Sorry for typos---doing this in bed and not bothering to proof!
Jchem1
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 5 » 28 Jun 2010, 18:14

I had a thrombosed hemmy or two during my AF, and they calmed down in a few days, here's hoping your's will, too, Jchem!
Aw, Fissy! Image Image Image
Deleted User 5