Tales of healing?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Tales of healing?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 02 Aug 2007, 14:47

I think primarily the pain will lessn and go away for a consecutive two-week period, but even two weeks can be too soon to tell. It takes the fissure 6 -8 weeks to actually heal. There is no reliable sign, from what I've seen. It's what drives us all crazy...you can have several good days and suddenly be back at square one again.
Sort of having a Dr. examine you and pronounce that it's healing, it is hard to tell. Long-term absence of symptoms., beyond two weeks. That is my best guess.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 02 Aug 2007, 15:24

its time for me to sleep and wish me a good BM tomorrow morning. Anyway this is the great forum. At least i can see i am not alone and can seek help from others.

Postby Guest » 03 Aug 2007, 02:19

Wow a great BM. Thanks also to a leavy vegetable that i took last night. Its called spinach dock and common sorrel. These are the natural Laxatives and it also gives a smooth BM without any Pain.

Postby happyass » 03 Aug 2007, 05:22

where there is one green leafy vegetable, there are many more for you to discover!
it's amazing when you think about how many natural things there are out there that can heal us of many things but seldom do people look at nature as the remedy!
:-)
happy morning BM!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby edward_adams » 03 Aug 2007, 13:15

So I've had a couple of good days with minor pain with the BM with no blood and no spasms.
However, this aft my BM had small amount of blood on the TP. I believe I've read in a few threads that this is normal, so I'm not going to panic.....yet.
edward_adams
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby Deleted User 5 » 03 Aug 2007, 13:35

No, blood is par for the course with AF. As long as it's bright red, and not a LOT (and I mean, a lot) don't worry. It's gonnna happen, with 9 out of 10 AF sufferers..
Deleted User 5

Postby edward_adams » 03 Aug 2007, 13:41

I'll take the little bit of blood over the increased pain anytime!
edward_adams
Salt Bather

Postby Guest » 03 Aug 2007, 23:03

edward
I experienced the very intense spasm/pain that you spoke of in an earlier post. That is the type of pain I had with my fissure everyday for about 2 months prior to being diagnosed with a chronic AF and a fistula!! I was taking narcotic pain relievers and still not getting any relief. I would do the "fissure dance" as my husband and children call it. Walking around in circles and back and forth with hand clinched tightly to my butt.
Mine (fissure) was caused by chronic diarrhea, so fortunatly I do not have to take colace and worry about fiber to get a soft BM. But unfortunatly I have to take medication for diarrhea.
Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I COMPLETLY understand what you meant by intense spasms and to tell you that I could tell my fissure was definitely healing when I began to have bms without fear and my "butt" wasn't the first thing on my mind every morning.
Good Luck in your healing!!!

Postby edward_adams » 07 Aug 2007, 09:34

So, I have had a pretty good week and I finally get to see the surgeon tomorrow.
Today is my first day off colace and I have no idea what the next bm will be like.
Anyone have any problems coming off softeners? I'm hoping the next bm won't be hard. I'm driniking water like a mad man, took some aloe vera and will take some flax see as well..
edward_adams
Salt Bather

Postby Guest » 07 Aug 2007, 12:22

just curious, what reason did your doctor give you for wanting to take you off the Colace?
I'm now in my 10th week. Can't believe it. I wanted to cry when the doc told me it would take 4-6 weeks to heal and here I am at 10. Its been a very slow process but I know I'm getting better. I've been on the Nifedipine for 2 weeks now and it has helped with the spasms. Right now, eventhough my stool is soft, I'm still feeling discomfort/slight pain when I have BM. But I'm not complaining, this is heaven compared to 10 weeks ago.