The route cause of my pain?

healed fissure, pain persists.

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

The route cause of my pain?

Postby Fissurefrustration » 14 Dec 2014, 13:38

I've thought long and hard and I think the route of my pain is actually from my skin tag, the pain is specifically at 6 aclock and thats where the pain is coming from. My pain comes from standing, sitting, walking etc...

No blood on BM with minimal pain (don't get me wrong I'm thankful!), so I think the fissure is pretty much healed. I've been on GTN for 8 weeks and I'm left with this. could one skin tag cause this much pain?? if so, what are my options? The skin tag comes from inside the sphincter and radiates to the outside.

I'm trying every cream under the sun (GTN, Honey, sudocrem, aloe vera, vit E, etc etc) most just gave me a rash so had to stop.

help!

J :( :groan:
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Re: The route cause of my pain?

Postby Scientist2516 » 14 Dec 2014, 20:25

Hi Fissurefrustration,
I do think skin tags can be painful, and get irritated, increasing your pain. After my fissure got better, I felt as though my tag went on hurting and giving me grief for several weeks. I'm a woman, so I stopped wearing jeans and other trousers, and switched to skirts, stretchy leggings and sometimes really baggy loose trousers. Do you have that option?
It might really help.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby Fissurefrustration » 15 Dec 2014, 10:22

Hi scientist thanks for your reply

Did your skin tag/pain eventually go away? It's just that horrible tugging pain whenever I do anything. If I'm no better by the new year im considering asking my gp for a referral to get it cut out. *shudder* I can't live with this pain forever!

Im a guy so wearing skirts etc wouldn't go down too well in the office!! Lol. But I wear cotton trousers and baggy boxers which help. Any more tips?

J

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby msimon » 16 Dec 2014, 01:11

Just wondering if you still use the GTN, as it may help you heal the skin tag (if you're not). I always found that zinc diaper cream helped mine. Also, mine would really flare up when my fissure would flare. May I ask how you know if it's healed or not?
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby Fissurefrustration » 16 Dec 2014, 05:41

Yea still using the gtn just incase... Too afraid to stop! Thanks for the suggestion. I don't know 100% im healed but my Bms are pretty much pain free now just a tiny tugging pain and I'm no longer bleeding, not bled in 2 or 3 weeks. That makes me think it's just my tag causing me problems.

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby Scientist2516 » 16 Dec 2014, 09:22

I still have the tag, and in fact there is still a sore place on my anus right by the tag, which is probably the fissure. The tag itself doesn't bother me any more and I'm back to wearing jeans. The fissure only bothers me if I have a harder stool or am under stress. I don't know why it won't just finish healing, but I can deal with things as they are now.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby Fissurefrustration » 16 Dec 2014, 13:21

it's weird, I had a proper look 'down there' today and as my sphincter relaxes and I can see just inside, it still looks inflamed and painful, with what seems to be a large internal tag. cant see an open fissure as such. I think it's time for a surgical opinion.

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby Fissurefrustration » 29 Jan 2015, 13:49

my skin tag (now named bob) is making it's presence known!!! I feel like I need to vent somewhere ... again...

My bm today was perfect. Spot on infact and didn't hurt one bit!! walked back to my office feeling fine and good about everything
then I walked to a bank appointment and halfway there my tag (or where the tag is) sent jabs of pain through me, as if there was a fissure being irritated. was so glad to get home and get in the shower but as usual the jet hits the sphincter and its painful! standing up after showering - painful! but BMS are generally ok!!! what's going on with me?!

*sob*

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby owmybum » 30 Jan 2015, 04:15

Ugh..... It sounds like bob gets irritated and maybe pulls on the area that is already sensitive.

Is your shower a powerful one? When my fissure was bad I had to set the spray to low pressure or it would feel like needles like yours does. Failing that use cotton wool balls dipped in warm water dabbed on your anus until clean.. Avoid spraying with the shower altogether.

Hopefully your CRS will be able to she'd some light on what's really going on down there when you have your first appt.

Hang on in there! :smilyhug:
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby msimon » 30 Jan 2015, 12:46

I use an ear cleaning bulb/syringe when seated on the toilet when things are really tender:

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/ear-syringe ... oCJ1fw_wcB

I fill a cup and repeatedly suck water into it and release it on my butthole. In this manner you can carefully modify the pressure at which it hits you, as well as precisely where it hits you. I find the shower just doesn't get up and in there enough but then again I still have a fair amount of swelling due to my recurring infection.

Hey I was wondering if you have ever tried dabbing witch hazel on your irritated skin FF? It really helped my swollen skin tags when they would swell up and itch and burn. I hope you find some relief soon.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64