Thinned skin and bleeding

Anyone recovered from thinned skin inside

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Thinned skin and bleeding

Postby Deleted User 4175 » 30 Sep 2015, 09:42

I have had an eua recently and have been told my skin inside anus is like paper. It bleeds on examination and with bm. I have had a bad reaction a year ago to Diltiziam and more recently used Scheriproct (?) and Anusol for what I thought were hemerroids.

I am so scared that this isn't going to recover or reverse. Has anyone reversed thinned skin and how. Diet etc. I literally cannot walk without feeling a spikey feeling somewhere in there.
Deleted User 4175

Re: Thinned skin and bleeding

Postby owmybum » 03 Oct 2015, 11:47

I'm not really sure how long it will take to recover, but I would steer clear of anything with hydrocortisone in it.
Taking a high strength slow release vitamin c helps to produce collagen. You could also take collagen.... But I have heard taking the vit c is better.

Good luck xx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Deleted User 4175 » 07 Oct 2015, 04:59

Thank you owmybum. That is useful advise. I am taking both actually and controlling my diet and intake of food. It is frustrating though when for no particular reason bm is slightly different and pow your back to the beginning again. Progress is slow enough. I am still trying to recover from the procotoscope damage from CRS examination and then again same place during an eua. I spoke to him before eua and even asked him to be really careful. Still don't know why skin is so thin although there has been a lot of examination and procedures over the last year. He wants to do nothing and let me heal which I agree with but I am the sort of person who needs to know why. Why do I keep tearing? Why is my skin thin? I don't think drs realise how disabilitating this condition is.
Deleted User 4175

Postby Savaici » 07 Oct 2015, 06:10

As owmybum has said, they both contain hydrocortisone, and would add that this is their main ingredient. If used, it should not be for more than two weeks due to the fact that it thins the skin. So there you have your why your skin has thinned.

From what I have read, however, the skin can recover somewhat from this, so I would second what OMB has said about what you could do. Also, not sure if she added a multi-vitamin, but I take one and it has helped me immensely. I take Smarty Pants vitamins :D which you can get on Amazon and they were a life saver for me. and they taste good!

A second thought, I still have a few problems, but steer away from any more exams by CRSs. Just me...

Feel better :smilyhug:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Deleted User 4175 » 07 Oct 2015, 08:00

Thank you SavaIci. I agree I am not going near a CRS if only to talk! I was given the hydrocortisone cream by my doctor and he assured me I would have to use it for weeks before I hit a problem with thinning. Even then I used it sparingly and for about a week. When it said use twice a day I would use it once and would give my skin a break in between of a day. In total I used it about a week and still have loads left in the one and only tube. I don't think it has been the sole reason for thinning but has definitely contributed. Trust your own judgement I would say. Just hope I can get back to where I was before. In the past year I have had 2 fissurectomies, an unsuccessful LIS, three eua's,a thrombosed vein removal and 2 rounds of Botox. I am fed up. Definetely didn't need this too.
Deleted User 4175

Postby Savaici » 07 Oct 2015, 12:53

Been there with bum surgery. Never again. Three hemhorrhoid surgeries and a thrombosed one. I can understand why you are fed up. :affraid:

I also go to the loo more than three times a day, so IBS might be the reason for your problems. I would just act as if it is, without the CRS's having to have another look, and try to keep all running smoothly through. I really am so careful (though have just had half a pastry goodie now with raisins that I will probably pay for 'later' ) and eat small amounts at each meal. I eat fish from time to time, but I have milk and have been thinking of having an egg from time to time. I miss scrambled eggs!!

Anyway, try out the suggestions! :sunny:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222