Thoughts on my fissure?

Thoughts on my fissure?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Thoughts on my fissure?

Postby thesagacontinues » 03 Jun 2023, 07:20

Hi all, hope you’re all doing well.

Could you please share your thoughts on my situation? I’d like to know if I’m now on my way to heal :(

The main points:

- developed a fissure 15 months ago following hemmorhoidectomy surgery
- fissure hasn’t healed till now with multiple retears
- I used to have a bad diet and would get constipated but I now have a great diet that allows me to have a bm everyday at the same time with 0 constipation
- I used to bleed every few days but I now only bleed once per 25-30 days
- I used to have terrible pain and would have to lay down for hours after a bm, I now have 0 pain and just a slight discomfort when sitting sometimes. This completely disappears after 1-2 hours of bm or after 1 sitz bath
- i used to feel my sphincter cramping up and feeling tight and hard but i dont get that anymore hence hardly any pain

My question:
- as I only bleed once a month now and as my pain is almost down to a 0, do you think I’m on my way to heal 100%?

- has anyone whos healed experienced this? if i carry on with these good habits do you think eventually i will go for longer periods without bleeding and eventually will stop completely?

would really appreciate your thoughts.

many thanks to all xxx
thesagacontinues
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Thoughts on my fissure?

Postby GrrrAF » 03 Jun 2023, 09:21

Hi thesagacontinues,

Sounds like you are near healed I would say but I not a Dr. If you don't have pain and rarely bleed I think great news as I have blood in poop almost daily for months now:( Since you have history of hemorrhoid (s?) is it possible bleeding from a new one or past one assuming fissure is healed? It is common to have coexisting anal issues and for them to recur post surgery. Only a Dr exam can confirm.
GrrrAF
Fibre Addict

Re: Thoughts on my fissure?

Postby thesagacontinues » 07 Jun 2023, 07:16

Hi there;

Many thanks for getting back to me. Yes I do think I’m on my way to heal, but still bleed sometimes and get minor discomfort so not 100% there yet. But the hours of pain after bms are gone and I can finally sit for hours so that’s a huge positive. I’ve been in this good phase for a while but not really improving from here, hoping eventually I will.

If you’re still bleeding daily for months, here is my advice to you that has been working for me:

1. Change your diet, your probably still getting large/hard stools and/or constipated. My diet is 2 pears with every meal, substitute any bread to brown bread, potatoes to sweet potato fries. No red meat/dairy/chocolate/ large doughy things like bread / pizza

2. Take a stool softener (dulcoease) I take 4 daily 2 with each meal (2 meals)

3. Get a Squatty potty or stool to elevate your knees when having a bm

4. Lubricate with Vaseline before a bm

5. I insert a zinc oxide suppository after each bm

6. Sitz bath whenever you feel discomfort, in your case I would do after each bm and few times per day. I’m now at a point where I don’t need Sitz baths anymore, hope you will get there too

7. Drink lots of water 2-3L per day

Wish you all the best my friend, and if anyone has any thoughts on my situation I would really appreciate it!!
thesagacontinues
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2