Throwing in the towel!!!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Throwing in the towel!!!

Postby Jen » 02 Aug 2008, 08:10

Tabby -
We are in the same place when it comes to our fissures - we seem to need to stay on the creams to keep them from acting up. LIS will be a good thing for me. If the creams can keep the fissure away by doing a chemical LIS on me - the operation should do the same thing but pernament!
How are you feeling? Are you concisering dilation? How long have you had your fissure?
My morning BM was painful, but I am fine now. It felt like someone was rubbing sandpaper down there and it took me forever to go because I let only a llittle out at a time. Now I have to put on my nitro and it stings like crazy when you put it on a open wound. No blood though - yet!
I know when they do LIS (probably within the month), I will feel silly because I will be healed AGAIN. I started using nitro and that does the trick, but without it, I rip open???!!! I am going to feel so dumb because it will look like nothing is wrong with me.
Thanks again guys! I love all my butt friends! Big hugs for everyone!
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 02 Aug 2008, 08:26

Hi Jen
Glad you are back on your cream, I cannot use mine as I get sensitivity within a few days if I do :( I feel the same, life was great on the cream but we do need a more permanent fix !
Yes I will be having the A/D and whatever else he decides to do, I really feel this is out of my hands now and i have to let the professional doing his job :roll:
I have had my fissure since March 2007 …too long ! i had my studies at this time and was damned if I didn’t finish my course, now feel the creams just masked my problem but altleast i finished !
I cannot believe this has happened to you too, but we do have direction now, your CRS sounds great guy !

Postby Guest » 02 Aug 2008, 10:07

Don't worry about the creams masking the fissure. I think it is documented that you cannot live without the creams and that you need a more permanent solution. And not everyone gets a sentinel pile (skintag) so I think you are normal, and you have one less issue to deal with. My skin tag from the fissure hurt just as bad as the fissure itself.

You are going to do great-I just know it!

Postby Jen » 02 Aug 2008, 12:52

Thanks guys! I am so excited and scared at the same time. I wish I could just do it know and get it over with. He made it sound like there was a 2-4 week waiting time for the procedure. I will take stool softeners and MOM until then. I really hope this is the end of it all for me!

Should I also ask for a fissurectomy also? I wonder if he will just do that without my consent - didn't that happen to you fissy??? Is there anyone here who how had a fissurectomy? Did it help as well?
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 02 Aug 2008, 12:58

I would just stick with the LIS unless he recommends both. Since yours healed when you were on the cream I think you just need a more permanent sphinterectomy rather than the fissurectomy. No need getting more than you really need!

Postby cherylk » 02 Aug 2008, 12:59

Jen,
My mother had a fissurectomy over 40 years ago and just turned 83 years old. She never had another fissure that I know of, but didn't have LIS.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Jen » 02 Aug 2008, 13:01

Nice call Lecia! I never thought of it that way! Thanks!

Cheryl - I remember you talking about your mother. I am just gonna do whatever the doctor wants - my butt is in his hands now! He never mentioned a fissurectomy yesterday and Lecia made a good point. Maybe LIS is all I need - I need a bigger butt!
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 02 Aug 2008, 13:17

I love the photo! Your little munchkin looks like he owns that cornfield!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 02 Aug 2008, 13:44

Thats the spirit Jen :)
Your wee man looks :adorable:

Postby Jen » 02 Aug 2008, 14:27

Thanks guys - He is playing in the same cornfields I did growing up!
Jen
King Fissure