Time

Any changes made on the Forum, this is where you will find it. Any news, this is where we will share it with you!

Return to Forum Announcements

Time

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Nov 2008, 14:46

Well, here in the US, we just set our clocks back an hour, ending (or is it beginning?) daylight savings time. I think it's called Summer Time in the UK. Anyway, I like my clocks to be right, and I don't especially like using military time. If you're in some other time zone than the Eastern US, then your board clock may never show *your* time.
If that's aggravating to you, and you haven't poked around much in your "preferences" you can fix it by setting the time there yourself. If adjusting to Greenwich mean time is confusing and you want your clock set right (at least while you are logged on) just let me know which time zone you are in and I'll tell you which setting works, or is close enough for you to tweak/finaggle to perfection.
For the US, try these settings:
Eastern: GMT -6 hours
Central: GMT -7 hours
Mountain: GMT -8 hours
Pacific: GMT -9 hours
Deleted User 5

Re: Time

Postby Guest » 04 Nov 2008, 15:15

Hey cool ! That lost hour always pickles my head Image

Postby Fissulyna » 04 Nov 2008, 15:26

he he, I am the "youngest" in hours LOL Image It is dawn here when my Euro friends go to sleep and it is only midnight here when my Southern friends are already DEEEEEP in a La La Lend Image
AND- why the heck they change hours Image - it is proven that it does not bring ANY savings whatsoever Image Just messing up our bio-rhythm Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Deleted User 5 » 05 Nov 2008, 08:07

Yeah! Every night around 11:00 I think, "Hey! it's just eight in Oregon! I need to stay up another three hours!! Image
Part of me wishes the time would never change, but imagine it getting dark at 4:30 pm everyday!
One good benefit many people overlook is little kids don't have to stand out in the cold and dark waiting for their school buses to arrive, at least it's light out now.
But all the farmers have lost that extra hour of sunlight near dusk! Just kidding! Image
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 06 Nov 2008, 23:50

Hey - lol, I actually contemplate such things :) !!! Sometimes I wonder who is doing what remembering my friends and family and alway take into account the time-zone LOL. I guess one has to live in so many places and have family and friend LITERARY alll over the world to start thinking that way Image I think often what hour is in GA and SC - but I guess it is not working that way other way around :(
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 07 Nov 2008, 08:55

I think about the time difference too and wonder what you all are up to. Fissy you are 3 hours behind us and I think when I log on she is probably just getting up, I wonder what she is going to do today!

Postby Fissulyna » 07 Nov 2008, 12:03

:lovetree: Image Image :arwen:
LU baby-Sis xoxoxoxxx
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 07 Nov 2008, 12:22

Hey I think about our times too Image Corsi being the easiest to remember Image
Oh Kim – You have it going on with the avator there – its wicked ! Image
I would like to see our padme in that same shot – she would look divine !!

Postby cherylk » 07 Nov 2008, 12:27

Just when I was starting to feel arrogant, Kim came up with something out of this world for his avatar!! Image Lecia, I like yours too!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Fissulyna » 07 Nov 2008, 12:47

Cheryl - I think Kim can teach you - just ask him Image ! He is very good with instructions :D!!!
Yeah Lecia - show the boys how girls "can do it better " LOL Image And good that I took that Swan Lake costume first - you see how he has intentions to be a swan !!! Lake and all !!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP