Too many supplements?

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Too many supplements?

Postby juney » 17 Aug 2007, 14:04

I've loaded up on the supplements I take, but nothing seems to make a difference. My poo is still not super soft everyday. It's always a little hard-tipped and hurts on the way out. i don't know what i can do aside from not eating at all...
In the AM i take: 1 flaxseed oil capsule, 1 Omega 3-6-9 capsule, 1 500mg docusate sodium, and a gotu kola circulatory vitamin. At lunchtime I take a multivitamin. At night I take the same 4 vitamins I take in the morning, plus 2 tablespoons of pure aloe vera liquid.
You'd think my stools would be suuuper soft, but that's never the case. They're not dry or extra hard though, and i'm never constipated. I know I still have a fissure b/c my dr saw it, so i guess that explains the hurting.
But am I doing something wrong, taking too much, not taking enough?? I drink tons of water everyday too.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Re: Too many supplements?

Postby Guest » 17 Aug 2007, 14:42

I take about 3-4 each of fish oil and flax seed oil. That might be overdoing it for you but you could up it each by one and see if that helps! It is a bit of trail and error!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 17 Aug 2007, 15:08

Yes, you could take the Flax and/or a stool softener either in the mid afternoon or later in the day, in addition to the morning dose...
Deleted User 5

Postby juney » 17 Aug 2007, 15:27

you mean, take them morning and mid-afternoon instead of morning and night. i already take everything twice a day...
juney
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 17 Aug 2007, 15:45

Oh, Ok, not! I just meant twice a day. Sorry, I missed that. Not three times a day, though I was also suggesting that any second dose could come anytime after 3:00 or 4:00 in the afternoon.
You might try taking the second dose of flax *with*your dinner in the evening...(We call it supper in these parts) maybe taking it with the food will move it along through your system at the same pace as the food and assist in softening that hard leading tip!! It is worth trying...
Last edited by Deleted User 5 on 17 Aug 2007, 15:54, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 5

Postby juney » 17 Aug 2007, 15:53

yah i take them w/ breakfast in the AM and w/ dinner in the PM. maybe i'll just increase the dosage. and keep drinking lots of water of course!
i'm never constipated, i go at the same time everyday. is it possible that some people just have harder stool all the time? i have no idea.
juney
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 17 Aug 2007, 15:55

I think for some reason you are not quite getting the stool hydrated, not enough--but I could never even guess why....
Deleted User 5