Still Leaking Fecal Matter After Fistulotomy

Is this normal?

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Still Leaking Fecal Matter After Fistulotomy

Postby PJ999 » 21 Oct 2015, 03:19

Hi, I had a fistulotomy operation 10 days ago. Afterwards I had puss draining from the wound for one day only - then it stopped.

But I still have brownish liquid and tiny bits of fecal matter leaking out. This only happens until about 4 hours of passing stool.

Is this normal? I had tiny bits of fecal matter leaking before the operation also, and my doc told me it was because of the fistula. The operation stopped the puss discharge pretty quickly, but after 10 days fecal matter is still leaking.

Is this normal?
PJ999
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Re: Still Leaking Fecal Matter After Fistulotomy

Postby Savaici » 22 Oct 2015, 12:24

When you say fecal matter, I believe it is quite normal to leak pus (non-foul smelling) and brown discharge. Try and keep everything as clean as possible (I see you first came here in August, so ya know the drill). Read through the success stories again and keep them in mind.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222