THD with Botox

THD

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

THD with Botox

Postby techguy5150 » 04 Jun 2016, 07:20

I'm about to have the procedure done on Thursday with a Botox injection for a fissure. I found my doctor on the THD website who works out of Mt Siani in NYC. I actually had the procedure done about 3 years ago to one hemorrhoid. I'm wishing he did the others but i chickened out and asked him to only do the big one. The recovery wasn't bad. I was sore the first few days but manageable with advil. But I'm not sure it will be as pleasant as it was the 1st time around. Did anyone have multiples done? What was the pain like? Burning? Soreness? I have about 10 days off for work after the procedure so I am hoping to be good to go by then. Is that the average time back for multiple hems? I keep reading all of the horror stories and am wondering if this is the normal or only the successful people never post?
techguy5150
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: THD with Botox

Postby Canadabum » 07 Jun 2016, 15:43

Don't worry yourself too much...the successful cases typically dont try and find a forum to post after the fact...so yes, you are seeing a select group who have had issues....likely you will not be in that group.

Good luck with the procedure!
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby techguy5150 » 07 Jun 2016, 16:32

Canadabum wrote:Don't worry yourself too much...the successful cases typically dont try and find a forum to post after the fact...so yes, you are seeing a select group who have had issues....likely you will not be in that group.

Good luck with the procedure!

Thanks Canadabum. I'm in such a freak out mode right now. i just screamed at my wife over the phone which will earn me a trip to the sofa for tonight's bed time....lol. I've been apprehensive and wanting to cancel and she's putting pressure on me to make a decision.

Have you had these procedures done?
techguy5150
Fibre Addict

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 08 Jun 2016, 10:23

Hello tech guy, Botox is not difficult please check out my diary . Sorry have to run now but wanted to tell you it will be ok
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby techguy5150 » 08 Jun 2016, 16:01

Hi all - I chickened out. Well, really I haven't had any pain or bleeding for about 1 1/2 weeks. That and I was very afraid of the anesthesia due to my sleep apnea ( Which I use a CPAP for) I postponed the surgery.

I don't know what I did to make things better but of course right before go time I start to heal. Anyway, my wife and I talked it over and she was like, it's OK to be afraid. we can do this later on this a year. So I just kicked the can down the line.

My Dr. said it was a good decision but that I'd be kicking myself if I have a re-tear. So, yeah now I'm bummed about no going through with it but afraid to go through with it.

Anyway, its too late now. I'm just going to save my vacation days I guess. :(
techguy5150
Fibre Addict

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 08 Jun 2016, 18:03

Whatever decision you made is the right one. Don't however spend a minute on worry - it's not good for us :)
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby techguy5150 » 08 Jun 2016, 18:13

Healingthroughdiet wrote:Whatever decision you made is the right one. Don't however spend a minute on worry - it's not good for us :)

My life is worry, worry, worry :(
techguy5150
Fibre Addict

Postby Canadabum » 08 Jun 2016, 21:38

I am pretty convinced that stress played a significant role with my AF...I agree that stress and worry can be contributing factors to our suffering...you may want to truant address that as part of your healing.
Canadabum

Topics: 19