Burning sensation

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Burning sensation

Postby Jen » 09 Mar 2008, 03:39

I have mentioned this before, but it is starting to worry me. I have had occassional all day buring/minor pain sensations in my bum. I have not retorn my fissure that I know of in about a month. I hope it is not getting infected...I don't think it is, but this is a fear of mine.
Has anyone ever had a fissure that healed on the outside and not in the inside? I look down there and everything looks fine, but sometimes there is a speck of blood that I see on the TP.
I want to go backto the CRS, but it is going to be a couple weeks...waiting for referrals and appointment dates...ahhh!
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Re: Burning sensation

Postby Guest » 09 Mar 2008, 07:36

Hello,
Sometimes it would depend on what I had to eat (too much citrus or saucey stuff or just runny poos) that would cause me burning all day. I have had that before the pain and burning. I would get in the bath tub so it would help it calm down. Have you tried Advil? It would help me with my pain. My fissure seem to be heal within first but it was hard to tell because I could not see anything. If it was getting infected I think you would be in more pain maybe even have drainage., but I have never had that happen to me. I think buttgirl had problems with infection. Maybe she could tell you.
Take Care,
Patty

Postby Jen » 09 Mar 2008, 08:21

Thanks...I have had runny poo's...This sensation is just so new with this ordel, it is out of the ordinary. Also, when I put on my nifedipine cream, sometimes it feels like a pencil is stabbing me on my bum...but no pain while I go to the bathroom...weird huh?
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 09 Mar 2008, 10:01

Yah that is weird. I use Nefedipine also. It helped me alot. I was talking to my mom and she remembers me saying my runny poos really burned. My poor family had to hear all about my poos LOL. Get into the tub after your runny poos and see if it helps with the burning. That is why I picked my name burnbutgrl LOL.. Take care.....
Patty.
P.S. What a beautiful baby.....

Postby val » 09 Mar 2008, 11:56

I had an abcess, and I got sharp stabbing pains, but also felt unwell, like when you get flu. There is also drainage from it so if you notice anything like that, get to the doctors!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Jen » 09 Mar 2008, 13:28

Thanks for the compliment! His name is Jack and he broke my bum when he came into this world. I had him vaginally, but you would have thought I had him anally! :)
Val - I noticed you had LIS recently...have you recovered well? What color was your infection drainage? Was it coming from outside or inside? Last time my fissure broke (Feb 9), it looked like it was yellowish tinted, but the CRS thought it looked fine. I just thought it was strange, and have been watching it since. I have also read on quite a few websites that say sometime fissures have a yellowish tint while they are forming scar tissue.
Is it true that LIS patients usually never get a fissure again? That is what I have been reading....I am leaning towards LIS. My fissure always gets 90% healed, and months later...wham! It will give me problems.
Thanks to everyone on this board for putting up with me! I have so many darn questions and probably will have many more!
Jen
King Fissure

Postby buttgirl » 10 Mar 2008, 09:39

i heal much quicker on the outside than on the inside. The infections I have had have felt sore and burny, but then if I eat citrus or drink wine, my rear feels burny. the wine burn is a different kind of burn though. If I were you, I would eat a really bland diet for a couple fo days--peas, beans, banana, apple, pasta with olive oil,--and see if the burning sensation goes away.
If not, ask for some flagyl and see if that takes the burny sensation away. You don't want to let it get out of hand. I had drs who wouldn't believe me that I had an infection in the area until it majorly abscessed. I had that drained, the infecion cleared and a year later another one started. I got on the antibiotics right away and the infection cleared without surgery.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67