Advancement Flap Surgery

A place for informstion and to help others who are having or have had this surgery.

Return to Advancement Flap Surgery

Re: Advancement Flap Surgery

Postby Guest » 03 Apr 2009, 15:13

Bump !
I hope all is well Kerrbear Image

Postby KerrBear » 08 Apr 2009, 21:39

I am doing a lot better.Walking and back to work fine. Only when I have to go I get a little stressed if I do not have the luxury of taking my time. Still blood and ITCHING! I see the doctor on Friday for a check up. HOWEVER- I am sitting in the hospital with my 12 year old. She suffers from migraines and she got a nasty one this week. She is on day 5 without relief so her doctor put her in the hospital to try some IV medications. This really sucks...
KerrBear
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Fissulyna » 08 Apr 2009, 23:36

Oh Kerr Image , I am sooo sorry to hear about pain of your precious daughter :( . Migraines are just awful. My Mom has them Image and I can not even imagine child going through so much pain and discomfort :( Image . At least you are now well enough to be by her side (sigh....)... Did they ever do MRI and or checked her EEG ???
I hope she will get some relief FAST Image Poor baby :( :( :(
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Corsi » 09 Apr 2009, 01:46

KerrBear wrote: Still blood and ITCHING!
Itching is good, isn't it? Healing itch!
Have you had LIS? Why did you have this procedure?
Corsi :bunbsd:
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 09 Apr 2009, 08:58

Glad you are doing OK, Kerrbear :D
Goodluck for your appointment tomorrow Image
I am sorry to hear of your daughter and her migraines Image
I suffered migraines at that age too, they are horrid …
I hope she feels better soon ! Image

Postby Guest » 09 Apr 2009, 09:01

Yes, that is terrible! I feel for her-poor thing. Hang in there!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 09 Apr 2009, 10:22

Oh this pretty lousy -- i have had them all my life, i can sure relate. I hope they get it under control quickly, enough is enough!
Deleted User 5

Postby KerrBear » 10 Apr 2009, 21:07

WE got home from the hospital late last night. She is only 12 and gets aboujt 2 a month. They seem to be hormone related. This one lasted 5 days....that is why they put her in the hospital because the IV meds work best. It really really really sucks....I hate seeing her in so much pain. They began putting her on a daily preventative medicaine. I pray it starts to work!!
As for mr I had my doctor visit today and he said it all looks good. I am free to take long walks and yoga. He suggested no running and no weight lifting. That is fine with me!!!!
Part of the advance flap surgery actually leave a small flap at the anus opening and it feels weird. He said it needs to stay for 2 years and then if I hate it cut it off but said that is what is keeping everything open and not spasming. I cannot believe with all the stress I had this week that I did not have any spasms!
Since I was away from home I ate fast food a lot and my colon does not like it. So today I was back on track eating at home. Anyways- I am glad I had the surgery. I really feel better already. :bunbsd:
KerrBear
Salt Bather

Postby KerrBear » 10 Apr 2009, 21:12

Corsi- I just saw your message. I had LIS in March 2008 and 6 months later I was in pain again with chronic fissures. I had an anal manometry test in Feb. 2009 and showed I had really high resting pressures. So the best thing for me was to have LIS again and the Advanced Flap Surgery in March 2009. Not much fun but I am feeling better!
KerrBear
Salt Bather

Postby Fissulyna » 10 Apr 2009, 23:30

I am happy to hear all is well now Image !!! Yes, stick with fissure friendly diet as long as you can Image , that is very important !!!
Wishing you continuous and complete healing :bunbsd:
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61