Advancement Flap Surgery

A place for informstion and to help others who are having or have had this surgery.

Return to Advancement Flap Surgery

Re: Advancement Flap Surgery

Postby cherylk » 20 Mar 2009, 15:22

What do you teach in the school??
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby KerrBear » 20 Mar 2009, 17:40

Orchestra! I am a cellist. I was a stay at home mom for 9 years and finished my Masters Degree and then went back to work when the youngest started Kindergarten. Image
KerrBear
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby cherylk » 20 Mar 2009, 17:47

Good for you! Before I went into the business world, I used to sub in the school system, and that is why I asked--everything from Early Childhood to high school, including special ed, music, and French!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby KerrBear » 20 Mar 2009, 17:54

Guys- on this website there are pictures of anoplasty. I had "Y" anoplasty. There are pictutres of different types of anoplasty but look and you can at least get an idea of what anolplassty looks like. No wonder my butt is in pain today after my stitches dissolved!!! Image
http://www.proctosite.com/image_gallery/image_gallery_stenosis.php
KerrBear
Salt Bather

Postby Fissulyna » 20 Mar 2009, 17:56

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!! KERRI _ NOW I AM OFFICIALLY JELOUS !!!!!! My favorite instrument after piano Image How I wish I can play cello !!!! My younger daughter plays piano fantastically well and at one point was taking cello lessons too (she plays flute very well also), and I would
sneak and "play" cello when she was not around - I practiced more than she , I think LOL. I was actually "getting it" pretty fast, but than she decided to stop since being on that level of piano required 2 hour practice time per se and I felt stupid to take lessons just for myself - like it was too expensive for me, and not for her Image ... Anyways - I wish I can listen to you (sigh...)
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Fissulyna » 20 Mar 2009, 17:58

Ha ha, we posted at the same time - OK - I will look at "Y" thingy now ...LOL
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Fissulyna » 20 Mar 2009, 18:01

OK..... I wish I did not look LOL Image Image !!! Poor , poor girl :( !!! But - you are doing great Kerry-Berry Image and in no time you will be up and running Image !!! You are already "over the hill" almost - just 3 more days !!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby KerrBear » 20 Mar 2009, 21:10

I have played the cello for 26 years.
Have a few degrees in it and love it. Now that I have kids I do not play as much, actually hardly ever. So I teach it. Anyways- I have tried sitting on ice and then a heating pad and nothing feels good. Laying flat feels the best. So I am back in PJ's and t-shirts. Can you believe the stitches dissolve and the flap that was created comes out and it feels like a huge tag. Dr. said it will dry up and the gap where the flap is will scab up. OK- this is the worst part so far. I can handle the stitches but not the open gap and flap.....I need more vicatin! Image Image Image
KerrBear
Salt Bather

Postby Fissulyna » 21 Mar 2009, 00:08

Kerri- sweetie , just do what feels best ! If it is laying on your belly, than let it be. I used to be on my belly or would lay back with 2 pillows under my head and one on my belly where I would place lap-top to be in contact "with the world" Image . Butt looks scary - I know Image , but it will recover - you will see. During my second LIS CRS cut 2 skin tags and 3 internal centennial piles and did fissurectomy Image - so I had very bad time during first 4 weeks. For 2 weeks I was in permanent spasm Image - I just reacted that way to so much cutting . It usually happens to some people after hemorrhoidectomy , but it happened to me too and I was in horrible pain. I was reluctant to take anything but than just had enough and was taking Dervocet AND Valium to relax my stupid super-sphincter that was able to spasm even after TWO LIS cuts. Anyway - bottom line is - take that Vivodine and anything else that helps and take it easy - take one day at a time Image Image Image !!! You will be MUCH better next week - you will see !
Do you take nice long baths couple of times a day ? That promotes healing a lot Image !!!
PS: I wish you live closer so you can teach me cello :) - you would have some good laughs watching me sweat in that "pupil seat" and your time on your belly would pass faster Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby KerrBear » 21 Mar 2009, 09:08

Well- today I can at least sit on my butt. Walking hurts...So another day in bed ofr me. I also just sent my husband to the store to get Epson Salt. Surely that will help heal the rawness.
Fissulyna- when did you have your surgery?? Sounds very painful!!! Also sound like a lot of stitches too...Have you had any problems since then?
Thanks for the encouraging words. My 12 year old comes home today after being a gone for a week. She will like to be my nurse! Kerri
KerrBear
Salt Bather