Advancement Flap Surgery

A place for informstion and to help others who are having or have had this surgery.

Return to Advancement Flap Surgery

Re: Advancement Flap Surgery

Postby Guest » 12 Mar 2009, 08:27

Great to hear you safe and sound Kerrbear !
Its the thought of that first BM isnt it :roll: I hope it is not as painful as you think ...
Just keep well rested today and keep on with the meds Image

Postby Guest » 12 Mar 2009, 10:53

Aww, that just sucks you are in so much pain but you did have an extra procedure so it will take some time to repair from that. Thank for checking in. We'll be thinking of you! Image

Postby Deleted User 5 » 12 Mar 2009, 13:00

Why are you just eating soups? I was actually given fiber (metamucil) at the hospital post-op. Unless otherwise medically directed, I think I'd try and eat as "normally" as possible.
We're all hoping that first BM isn;t so bad, for most people it's more scary than it actually turns out to be, so relax about that a little, and let us know how it all turns out! Image
Deleted User 5

Post-OP

Postby KerrBear » 12 Mar 2009, 14:08

I am adding more solid food to my diet today. Yesterday the doctor told me to have clear soups and lots of fluids. Today I can add more to that and by tomorrow I should be eating normal again. He also had me take metamucil this afternoon with Gatorade. I still have packing up my rectum until I have to do a BM. When that does happen I thought I would lay in a warm bath for a while. In the meantime I have my dogs in bed with me and my husband and kids waiting on me! Kinda nice! :D I will let you know how I am doing tomorrow. Kerrbear Image
KerrBear
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Deleted User 5 » 12 Mar 2009, 14:16

Great for you in taking those warm baths after a BM -- I remember how good they felt when I was post-op!
G' luck!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 12 Mar 2009, 15:06

Aww, if you have to have rectal surgery having dogs as company and your family to surround you is the way to do it!

Postby KerrBear » 13 Mar 2009, 11:05

HEy Guys- doing better today. Took at hot bath and took out the packing. Looked and saw a lot of bruising and stitches but I do not hurt that bad. I am still taking it easy in bed and avoiding walking around. I have been taking my laxative so I will be prepared for the first BM! Kerrbear Image
KerrBear
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Guest » 13 Mar 2009, 11:17

Sounds purrrfect company Image
Excellent news Kerrbear Image Keep doing all those good things and rest !!
Heres to healing Image

Postby Deleted User 5 » 13 Mar 2009, 12:30

Did the Dr. prescribe the laxatives? Maybe because of the anal flap surgery?
It's so great to hear you are doing so well and taking those hot baths!
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 13 Mar 2009, 12:42

Kerrbear,
Sounds like you have a good attitude, which should help your healing immensely. Best wishes for continued improvement.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46