Hemmie or fissure???

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Hemmie or fissure???

Postby Jen » 20 Mar 2008, 08:30

My bowel movement today was not good. The first part of it was formed and hard (a #3 on the stool scale). I had a really hard time getting it out. I felt like something was taring inside me. However, once it tore, there was no pain. There was some blood on the TP, but no blood on my stool. I looked at my bum in a mirror to make sure I did not tare my fissure again, and the fissure appears to be ok. It is not sore at all, but it looks like a slight papercut... The taring sensation felt to strong for me not be sore after it. I am baffled!
I was thinking it was maybe a hemmie? Or maybe my fissure tore internally and I won't feel the pain until next time I have a BM. Do you think there is a chance there is scar tissue up there I am taring?
I have my CRS appointment on Monday, so I will ask her then. I just wanted you guys opinion until then. I really don't want it to be a hemmie...I don't need other problems down there.
Does LIS help with mild hemmies? Can I use hemmie steroid suppositories and the nifedipine at the same time?
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Re: Hemmie or fissure???

Postby Sorerumpie » 20 Mar 2008, 08:38

It is possible that you stretched the fissure again but didn't tear it. Are you drinking enough water ? I find that my stool is harder when I've forgotten to drink alot of water. ( or forgot to take stool softeners )
I'de like to know how you manage to personally take a look at your own fissure - LOL I am slender man and I still can't manage that one
Sorerumpie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Jen » 20 Mar 2008, 08:54

No...with the blood there was a tare down there...I am just no sure where. I have become a master at looking at my fissure when its painful. I take a mirror and a flashlight and it is usually not a pretty sight... :shock:
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 20 Mar 2008, 11:42

This happens to me sometimes. It's hurts like that for a couple of days and then passes. I think it might be flared up hem.

Postby Fissulyna » 20 Mar 2008, 13:29

Jen, I am sorry that you had troublesome BM : (. Make sure all is soft from now on - take some MOM if needed. I think there should be no problem using suppository and the cream since my first Nitro cream had Cortisone mixed in too.
JA, not all fissures are visible from outside. Mine was not. It was inside the anus all the way - so no contortion would help with it LOL !!!
All the best !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Sorerumpie » 20 Mar 2008, 13:46

FISS, That's exactly what I was talkin about - I'de need a periscope and a mirror to get a glimpse of mine............
Jen , if it makes you feel any better - I had a setback today as well. I stupidly took a vicodin last nite and it created a "china breaker" that I felt tear me again this morning ............
Some days ya just can't win !
Sorerumpie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Jen » 20 Mar 2008, 14:24

Oh JA, That doesn't make me feel any better - now I feel bad for you too! :( Sorry you had a setback! BTW - I wanted to ask you how you felt about your botox? Are you happy with it? Are you going to get more? After I get it, will I need to stay at home for a few recovery days? I found a clinic in town that does it and I am still thinking about it...
Fiss - I am so confused about whats wrong with me now. I have a feeling that I may have hemmie & fissure issues. My fissure can easily be seen from the outside (well only the lower half). Oh well, now I have to play the waiting game until my appointment...
Am I ever going to poo normally again??? Image
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 20 Mar 2008, 14:29

JA - LOL - if you don't stop doing all of the opposite of what is recommended for fissure healing , I will personally come to Tahoe Image and lock you up in "Fissure Boot Camp" Image to make sure you don't do more harm to yourself Image !!!!
What's up with you Image Image Image - VICODINE ???? Oh my Image
PLEASE take care :please: !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Fissulyna » 20 Mar 2008, 14:31

Hey Jen,
Only 3 more days and all will be fine ; ) ! Don't stress now before you even know what is going on! Even if you have hemie, it can be fixed !
All the best !
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby buttgirl » 20 Mar 2008, 15:36

Fiss you are so funny. I will be drill sargeant #2. hehe.
More seriously now, I m sorry to hear about your pain. If you must take a vicoden try taking it with a magnesium supplement. I did that last week after LIS and had no problems with the poo.
also, LIS has been suggested as a treatment for hemmies in more than one article in the journal of colorectal diseases (yes, I started to read the darn thing thanks to my rear troubles over the past couple years--I wanted to be sure to be up on the latest treatments/research, especially since my first 3 CRSs clearly weren't). My CRS purposely didnt do a hemmiectomy during LIS because he thought any hemmie would heal or at least cause me no trouble after LIS. Truthfully, the only thing that's bothered me since LIS is the incision site, but that's not bad at all considering my surgery was only a week ago today.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67