A question for LISers--Something else weird happened

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

A question for LISers--Something else weird happened

Postby buttgirl » 02 Apr 2008, 13:09

so there I was last night and all the sudden my fissure started to hurt. I havent' felt it in a few weeks, but it's not a feeling one forgets easily. It was a sore, stabbing pain. It kinda felt like the infection back in Dec. It wasn't too bad. I took an ibuprofen and went to bed. I woke up for hour late witht he same pain making me uncomfortable. So I drew a sitz bath, took a pain killer and plastered the area with nifedipine and iodine ointment. That took care of the pain. It did not come back this morning. BM was fine. Now the are just feels a lilttle raw and tingley. It doesn't hurt, and amazingly neither does the incision, but it feels weird. And to me, weird is always worrisome.
Any thoughts? Did any one else experience this while healing?
Do you think it might be due to going back to the desk job and sitting upright 8+ hours for the past 2 days?
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Re: A question for LISers--Something else weird happened

Postby Fissulyna » 02 Apr 2008, 15:04

I did not have "fissure" pain but area was sore due to fissurectomy for long time. Big skin tag appeared there and it was irritated for long time. My sphincter was much looser than before the LIS but still not completely relaxed (CRS that did finger exam 2 weeks out was worried about that) so I too continued using Nef. cream for about 2 weeks I think after that exam. It did help ! So, if you feel better with Nef. you can use it for a while. I know that my whole area was changing for 3 months in appearance as well as in function. maybe you remember my "pushed in" anus "problem" LOL !!! Well - it is now completely normal looking except for that tag - I think I will perform surgery myself LOL.
I am so sorry that you are experiencing pain : (, I know that it must be scary, but it is most likely that it will go away as fissure heals - and it needs about 6-8 weeks at best to close. BUT, since you had infection before and it reminds you of that - why not go and check it just in case and to give you a peace of mind !
I hope that all will resolve soon !!! Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 02 Apr 2008, 18:37

Chris,
Don't wait to long if you keep having pain. I would call the doctor. It might be from sitting to much at work and your butt is not use to that. Maybe it is your butt just settling after the surgery and you muscles are loosening up? Not sure cause I never had LIS. I am so sorry. Just take it easy tonight.
Take Care,
Patty

Postby happyass » 02 Apr 2008, 21:12

remember buttgirl,
to get up at your work from your desk like every 30-40 minutes and take a butt walk for like 10 minutes. you need to do this to help the healing and circulation of blood to the area.
hopefully that can help you a little bit.
also, are you stressed returning to work - perhaps if you are a little overwhelmed or stressed out with catching up with stuff, you may be clinching/tightening your body and thus tightening your butt too, which would aggrevate the incision/area a little.
relax. relax. relax. if this is the case.
don't forget to drink your water at the desk......
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby val » 03 Apr 2008, 01:40

Chris, after my surgery I had a few times when I either "overdid" things, or when I first used bubble bath, and I had pains, but they settled down again quickly (after a day or two) once I had stopped whatever was aggravating it.
I think if it comes back it might be worth checking out just to make sure everythings as it should be, but hopefully you've just "upset" it a little and it will calm down again.
Good luck!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 03 Apr 2008, 05:48

Sitting for such long periods, i would say would most definitely cause an uncomfortable feeling, i am the worlds worst for sitting without taking breaks...
That is a very good tip Happyass , I should stick that on a post note on my PC !

I wish you well Buttgirl......

Postby buttgirl » 03 Apr 2008, 10:50

Thanks all of you. I appreciate it. The weird pains have passed and I am feeling actually normal. I suppose I did overdo things, even though I did far less than usual. The incision has stayed pretty much quiet this morning and the fissure itself doesn't hurt.
I think you hit it on the nose HA. I was definitely stressing and sitting too long. I am writing the post-it now:)
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 04 Apr 2008, 06:44

G'day Chris
I also second what Happyass said about taking regular breaks from sitting. Four weeks after my LIS & haemorrhoidectomy I was back at work, sitting down for 10-12 hours per day. Walking around for at least a few minutes every hour really made things a lot easier to handle. So did a hot salty bath every night.
Hope you recover quickly. Stay strong.

Postby buttgirl » 04 Apr 2008, 10:22

Thanks everyone!!
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby juney » 18 Apr 2008, 15:09

chris - how are you doing since your surgery? are you well on your way to a fissure free life?
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36