Treatment for Perianal Psoriasis?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Treatment for Perianal Psoriasis?

Postby draze1458 » 04 Nov 2017, 13:02

Hi all

I have been suffering from anal fissures for about two years.

I had a botox injection four months ago which worked amazingly well at first...only for the fissure to suddenly reappear a few months later.

I was told by a dermatologist that I have quite bad psoriasis in the area. (I didnt realise I had the condition at all as I dont have it anywhere else on my body). Apparently this may be what caused all my problems in the first place.

The psoriasis is pretty bad - it is very inflamed and sore in the area around my anus.

Question - has anyone else suffered from this and what treatments did you find worked best? I cant seem to find any emollients that are specifically for this sensitive area. I am paranoid of applying a topical treatment that will irritate the skin all over again.

In addition, I am experiencing some weeping - watery moisture that is discharged every now and again. I dont know whether this is from the psoriasis or from the fissure itself. I am on antibiotics, antifungals and oral steroids to try and stop any infection I might have.

Your help would be most appreciated. I am seriously suffering. Thanks!!!!!!!!
draze1458

Topics: 2

Re: Treatment for Perianal Psoriasis?

Postby patience_and_healing » 08 Nov 2017, 19:13

So sorry to hear you're suffering with this. I have perianal hidradenitis but your case sounds far worse and I hope the medications work for you. I wouldn't worry too much about ointments bothering the fissure. I apply clindamycin daily and I put a cotton pad down there to absorb any excess.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40