Support and Encouragement

We would love to hear your comments, and any suggestions you might have for the Forum. Feel free to tell us what you think!!

Return to Comments, Suggestions and Ideas

Support and Encouragement

Postby Deleted User 5 » 19 May 2008, 10:29

If you've been healed from your fissure, or it hasn't healed but you're better, heck even if you're still having a rough go of it, please don't forget the others on this board who are in misery and even despair! A few brief words of encouragement and hope can go a long way to making someone else's day a lot brighter. It also will do *you* a lot of good mentally and spiritually too!
If you have always gotten good advice and support here, please, try and think of the others here who could certainly use the same from you! One-way streets can be so confining.
Deleted User 5

Re: Support and Encouragement

Postby buttgirl » 19 May 2008, 10:36

I second the motion. It would be really good to hear success stories amid all the painful ones.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby cherylk » 19 May 2008, 12:42

I am feeling better on the Diltiazem cream as I indicated in my last new topic. This is my 5th week of being on it. I don't want to boast and brag too much about my improvement in case that results in a reversal of fortunes for me. But I will add that I am wondering sometimes if the most conservative approaches are usually best and the ones with the least risk. (And I realize that if a conservative approach doesn't work, one is often forced to try a more aggressive tactic to get a good result.) Hopefully, this might give encouragement to other ointment users!!!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 19 May 2008, 13:57

I think HUGE thanks should go to the admin team, moderators and VIPs of this board for their hard work, good advice and making me ! and others so very welcome :D
I think as we are all going through this hell together we can all relate to the pain and misery that each of us has to go through....
Having this support group gives us all hope and importantly first hand information Image
Last edited by Guest on 20 May 2008, 01:10, edited 1 time in total.

Postby cherylk » 19 May 2008, 15:10

Yes, you are right about all of that. People with colostomy bags probably don't have to worry about butt probs.
cherylk
VIP

Postby Guest » 19 May 2008, 16:25

Thank you everyone for your good will, support and love! I wouldn't be nearly as sane without you all.

Does anyone know someone personally who has a colostomy bag? Just wondering how they got used to it and how if affects daily life.

Postby buttgirl » 19 May 2008, 16:35

A friend of mine had one while her J-pouch was healing. She said it was a horrible 3 mos. She said that she was supposed to get used to it eventually, but she never quite could.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Deleted User 5 » 21 May 2008, 08:26

If a colostomy bag was an option, it would sure be my very last option. Lecia, I heard you mention that before. I know it's been hard for you for a long time, but nothing pays off like persistence.
I will see about collecting you some embryonic stems cells for new @ss, maybe??? Image
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 21 May 2008, 08:48

Some people with Crohn's have colostomy bags, but I don't really understand what a J pouch is.
cherylk
VIP

Postby Jen » 21 May 2008, 08:52

Amen Kim! I completely agree. Everyone here has always been great to me with my "secret" condition. I hope some of my posts to others have been helpful as well.
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39