Complications from Surgery.... Help!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Complications from Surgery.... Help!

Postby cherylk » 19 Jun 2008, 05:30

Jo,
Do you keep a standard dose for Miralax or feel the need to vary it somewhat day to day like I have been having to do?
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Jo » 19 Jun 2008, 05:33

Hi Cheryl,
I do take the stardard dose of miralax but may take it later every day, usually end up skipping one dose a week. Sometimes I regret it though, but it usually seems to be working pretty well.
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby val » 21 Jun 2008, 08:23

I had LIS and fistula surgery and the bleeding got gradually less over about 2 weeks. It didnt bleed with BM though, just kind of all the time until it lessened and went. Could you see another doctor if your one isnt returning your calls? Its always better to be on the safe side and check it out quickly.
Good luck and feel better soon!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 24 Jun 2008, 10:39

Thank you again for all your post. I did finally go back to see my doctor. He told me that I now have an anal ulcer caused by an upset stomach a week earlier. He told me that it should go away with me using supplements of fiber. He said that it didnt have anything to do with the fissure or incision so its nothing serious he said. Interesting. The pain has gotten better. I am still plan on leaving Thursday. I have to get away. I think I'd rather be in pain in Mexico than here right now and besides it is suppose to be healing. Thank yall so much.

Postby Guest » 24 Jun 2008, 10:45

God bless and have a safe trip! Sometimes a change in scenery can help get the mind off the pain. :lilmer:

Postby Deleted User 5 » 24 Jun 2008, 11:44

I agree, I'd rather be in pain on vacation than at home in pain and missing the good times! That's just a set-up for regret!
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 24 Jun 2008, 14:16

I don't know , hmmmmm... It depends of the intensity of the pain. Since I traveled to HI regularly for the past 10 years (once or 2 times a year) it was couple of times that I was there while in acute pain - to tell the truth - I couldn't wait to get back home : ( ! Seeing all that beauty around and not being able to have any of that fun was sado-masochistic experience, to say the least : (. I regretted going ... Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?