After lis can you handle the odd harder bm?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: After lis can you handle the odd harder bm?

Postby missy moo » 13 Jun 2018, 06:44

Hi Mike sorry to hear that you had a rough night hopefully today goes better for you, have you had lis or Botox?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Deleted User 7114 » 13 Jun 2018, 07:27

Hi Missy, no I've not looked into emotional causes, but I will do now. I'm not aware of having any emotional problems at all. I would class myself as very happy and lucky, but you never know what I have buried away deep in my psyche that could be doing harm. As I say, I'll try anything, so I'm going to look into that. Thanks for the recommendation.

Mike, I'm sorry to hear you had a bad night. I hope your situation improves quickly. Damn I hate these fissure problems. Life was so much more fun without the constant pain...
Deleted User 7114

Postby Deleted User 7114 » 13 Jun 2018, 08:08

I just found the book by Louise Hay on a bookshelf at home. How convenient!
Deleted User 7114

Postby mike1971 » 13 Jun 2018, 11:37

Thanks friends. I don't have a fissure (at least not that I know of) but have had fistulotomy surgery last month and still healing. Also told by the surgeon I have external thrombosed hemorrhoids.

My surgeon has told me to take sitz baths and apply Anusol HC cream. Nothing is working.

I have a tight achy slightly burning pain around my rectum that last 5 or 6 hours each day. No pain on bowel movements at odd times of the day. Seems the pain sets in whenever ....morning day or night lately.

Just had a couple strong and intense lower abdomen contractions or cramps lasting 5 to 10 seconds.

I'm exhausted and feel helpless. The pain is unrelenting.
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby missy moo » 13 Jun 2018, 15:52

Mike maybe the procedure caused a fissure it sounds like your having spasms alot of people on here suffering from fissures discribe this type of pain have you been back for a check up? When I had Botox for my fissure the surgeon caused a second one which now from time to time joins the party uninvited so now I have one in the front an one in the back, are they planning on removing the hemorrhoid?

Hedgehogbum the fact you have that book at your house makes me laugh nothing just happens, everything is for a reason i believe fissures and everything else don't just happen to us but for us there's a lesson for each of us in every experience but all the lessons are different to overcome it we need to get the message an apply it so examples are forgive someone or a moment release fear held on to from a certain moment past present or future appreciation finding self-love having trust in that everything we experience is to better us trust in the process of life trust that you are safe and apart of a bigger picture. Because of this fissure I found a whole new belief system in the last 6months I see the world different i believe every word Louise hay has said she has heaps of videos on YouTube also.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby mike1971 » 13 Jun 2018, 16:17

Hi Missy Moo.

I don't believe it's a fissure. It's possible.....but I've had 4 different ER doctors check for fissures as well as my surgeon when I had the fistulotomy last month. All have checked out negative for a fissure. Sorry to hear about yours.

My surgeon claims my pain is due to thrombosed hemorrhoids. He prescribed hydrocortisone cream ( Anusol HC ) and sitz baths but nothing seems to be working. I've never previously had hemorrhoids flare and cause pain for 5 or 6 hours a day and then let off.

I'll have my father accompany me to see my surgeon this Friday morning. I hope to get some answers and figure out a solution.

I've been suffering too long with no break or improvement.
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 13 Jun 2018, 16:38

Have they talked about removing the hemorrhoid
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby mike1971 » 13 Jun 2018, 16:55

Missy.....on April 10th I was at the hospital for a sigmoidoscopy. Surgeon said he wasn't "banding" that day.

He said he didn't see any evidence of Crohn's and prescribed antibiotics (cipro and flagyl) for 2 weeks (I was actually on them for a total of 5 weeks).

I believe he didn't want to band at that moment because I had and active infection and fistulas . ....which i subsiquently had the surgery for on May 18th.

I'll see the surgeon this Friday morning and press him on my pain and hemorrhoid issue. Something drastic needs to be done at this point I'm tired of suffering and being mostly bed ridden everyday.

Any thoughts and suggestions are appreciated. I'm spending most of my time lying down in my home on my cellphone.....not that I want to....but it's too difficult to be away from home for the moment.
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 13 Jun 2018, 18:06

Have you tried witch hazel on the hems or I've actually heard Vicks vapour rub or garlic can work to shink hems they are all astringents, I wouldn't use warm or hot water soaks myself because that increases inflammation an blood flow an for hems you don't want that have you tried using ibroprofin not sure how you spell it but its a pain killer plus an anti-inflammatory
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby mike1971 » 13 Jun 2018, 18:43

Hi Missy I've been using semi-hot sitz baths. Usually twice a day. I've wondered if I should at least tone the temp down since a hot bath may not be good for inflamed hemorrhoids.

I tried with hazel wipes for a few days but I wasn't really having much success. I stopped it a couple weeks ago after my surgeon prescribed Anusol. It's very greasy and not sure if witch hazel would have much of an effect or even possibly interact with the Anusol. The Anusol seems to have helped tone down the thrombosed hems some, but I've read it's not a good idea to use a hydrocortisone cream for longer than 2 weeks. Not sure, maybe someone can let me know how long it can safely be used.

Another member mentioned using a cream called nedprifine (or something like that ). Not familiar with it or if it would be a better option than using
Anusol.

The other issue I have with using ibuprofen and barrier creams is that they could hinder my open wound healing that us in the area.

I may be mistaken.

Thanks for any advice.
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist