After lis can you handle the odd harder bm?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: After lis can you handle the odd harder bm?

Postby missy moo » 13 Jun 2018, 18:56

Zink is a healing cream an a barrier cream it's great stuff for wounds rashes an alsorts as for nefidpine is a cream for fissures I would shower daily but not soak or have baths I would take ibroprofin pills every few hours as it should reduce any inflammation I wouldn't use anusol an witch hassle together but like you said you shouldn't use anusol for to long it thins the skin I think but I would dab liquid witch hazel on the hem 3x a day with a cotton pad or piece of cotton material an stop baths that's what I would do you can just try one thing every few days an see what works you won't know which is working if you do multiple things at once try watch a few movies read a good book I know it's hard not to think about the pain but try to distract your mind from it thinking about anything makes it more noticeable an bigger then it is, where do you live I hope the weather is nice : )
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby mike1971 » 13 Jun 2018, 19:15

Missy I tried not to do sitz baths for a few days but find my small open wounds start to get irritated and sore if I don't. I also hear it's good for cleaning (especially after a bowel movement) and to help moisten and bring blood circulation to the area.

I'll ask about continuing the use of the Anusol with my surgeon. Although it may be suitable for hems it might delay the healing of my open wound.

Yes a book or movie is a good idea to get my mind off the pain but it's hard to do. Another member mentioned the sane she's been so helpful and supportive and I thank all the members for their support and wish them the best in return.

I'm in Toronto Canada The weather has been fairly good. I try to get out on the patio for a walk some air and sun but it can get exhausting for me after awhile in the condition I'm in.

This situation I'm in has been by far the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with in all my life. Again, trying to stay positive but it gets harder with each day.
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby missy moo » 13 Jun 2018, 19:22

Yes this website an the users are life savers, have you read you can heal your life by Louise hay it's a beautiful book all about how physical issues are caused by emotional issues it tells you what each illness means
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby mike1971 » 13 Jun 2018, 19:35

Never heard of it Missy but thanks.

But I don't feel I'm in a good state of mind to be reading about these sort of things right now.

Does it teach you how to use your mind to heal your body?
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Hopefull123 » 13 Jun 2018, 19:39

Hey Mike, I know it's hard, but believe me, everything starts with your mind. The book will reassure you that nothing is impossible and how thoughts ,affect our physical health as well. You have to heal your mind first then your body will follow. It will comfort you, I promise. Look for the movie on youtube if you want to watch it. I posted the link on the forum somewhere. I 'll find the topic and I will let you know where to go and find it.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Hopefull123 » 13 Jun 2018, 19:44

For the movie link, go to the Anal fissure success stories sub forum, then go down and find the topic Mind/body link was most important for my healing. Read through and you can see one of my posts with the link in youtube.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby missy moo » 13 Jun 2018, 19:51

It sure does alot of it has to do with self love self love is the base of everything, when we're born we are pure an we learn stuff that's not true from other wounded souls mainly our parents we then put those learnt things into our beliefs an we live accordingly we need to unlearn things then we can think believe an feel different the world you live in an people job health it's all a reflection of your beliefs, it's hard to understand straight away but if your open to it that's a good start, we are all pure beautiful clean light an forever never ending energy we forget this over time of being around others that too have forgotten it's not their fault they don't know any better a big one is forgiveness.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 13 Jun 2018, 20:03

Hopeful I've been looking for your post all morning I can't find it was wanting to share it with Mike : )
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby mike1971 » 13 Jun 2018, 20:18

Thanks hope and Missy.

I wish I had the hope and determination that you both do. All I can do at this point is feed of your positivity and advice.

Bless you both.
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby missy moo » 13 Jun 2018, 20:49

You deserve to be healthy and happy Mike it's everyone's birth right if you can go walk barefoot in the grass or on the sand at a beach or sit by a window or outside with your eyes closed an your face up to the sun an just in your mind release any pain mental emotional and physical an break down if you have to get angry yell let all the sh** go that you mite be carrying with you I wrote a letter once to God or the universe where ever we came from an the words started flowing onto the paper a complained an cursed an cried an wrote anything an everything that came to me afterwards I felt way better maybe you could do the same then go an sit in the sun imagine the universe draining any pain hurt or negativity from you and recharging your health happiness and positivity imagine negative leaving an positive coming the sun doesn't just charge plants flowers and grass it must be there for us too. Do you have any pets? Patting a cat or dog can make you feel good or a cuddle with a partner child or pet a bit of love will help alot it's always helped me in those dark moments when you feel like what's the point an feel over it all, everyone on this site has your back mike you will overcome this and become greater then ever an even better version of yourself.
missy moo
King Fissure