Booked Surgery for 9 July - questions!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Booked Surgery for 9 July - questions!

Postby Fissulyna » 13 Jul 2008, 15:50

Hi baby-Sis : ))) ! My period lasts about 5-6 days. First day it is slight flaw with awful pain, second day is with flooding of biblical proportions with awful pain, third day is with "Noah is coming to land" flooding with somewhat bearable pain, forth day is normal flaw with occasional "pang" of pain, 5 and 6 is just spotting - just to annoy me with panty liners and stuff... and than when it is short it comes in just 2 weeks after is stops - so yeah - FUN !!!!!
Thank you for sharing "fecal matter" facts Image, I don't feel such a freak any more Image. Yes, I use A+D cream mixed with E vit, and aloe gel and Nefidipine cream and I keep applying it about 5 times a day - I don't know what would I do without it ! Really helps with protecting all area ! I did have a lot of Mango last night - it is very fibrous as you know so some long fibers got caught - but still sooooo silly , it should not happen LOL !!! Oh boy - what we have to deal with buddy Image !!!!????
I LOVE all new emoticons you added !!!!! Adorable!!!! :thinkofyou:
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jen » 13 Jul 2008, 16:59

Fissy -
You healed your first fissure prior to LIS? How did you do it? For how long was it healed? Please share! :)
I am so sorry for your pain! You know I am thinking about you sweetie! Image
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby cherylk » 13 Jul 2008, 20:41

Fiss - I use the applicator that came with my Anusol ointment (for Hemmroids) that I never used. It was my own idea to use the applicator from the Anusol with the ointment tube as the pharmacy gave me a very LONG one that did not work so well when I initially tried it. Maybe you could ask a pharmacist if they sell applicators.
My ointment is in a tube and was prescribed by my local CRS, not the Mayo docs. I just continue to be in touch with the Mayo docs via phone to get their opinions on ointments and Botox (and LIS) which they have continued to give to me. I'm pretty sure that any doc at Mayo would have to see you first before prescribing anything. They won't give me Botox there w/o me being examined first.
My dad went to Arizona Mayo when he traveled around the US even though he had open heart surgery at Mayo MN. I would assume they use the same approach at MN, Arizona, and FL. If it were me, I would give Arizona Mayo a try, but I am biased since I went through so much testing, grief, and agony b/4 finally being helped at MN Mayo for my IBS. It is only by sharing that we can continue to attack our mutual probs!! I have now started soaking in the tub, instead of the Sitz baths after Lecia indicated that the tub puts less pressure on that area, and I think she is right!! I'll continue to pray and try to send healing vibs to all who are ailing. You girls are making me realize how great it is to no longer have periods as I had sort of forgotten about that part of my past!! I guess there are some advantages to aging!!! Good luck.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Fissulyna » 14 Jul 2008, 01:44

Thank you Cheryl for such in depth description and answers to my questions !!! It is interesting that you have your cream in the tube, my both creams came in big plastic cylinders with the opening on the top and one has to push bottom of the cylinder upward to dispense the cream Image Image , so I wonder how would I be able to maneuver all of that Image , but thank you for the idea of using OTC applicator ! Were your creams compounded in the pharmacy? Maybe I can ask my pharmacist to put the cream in a tube next time ?!? :roll:
Hope you are doing great and enjoying your morning games of Image !Thank you for sending me healing vibes : ))) !
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JEN babe - as far as I remember I healed it in about 3 months with Nitro and Nifed. creams , MOM and mineral oil and almost vegetarian diet. It was closed for about 4 weeks and when I stopped using MOM, mineral oil and started eating more normal food AND just before my period it opened again. It happened on Dec. 15 I think - I booked first free opening for surgery they had - it was Dec. 20th . The rest is a history ...
Hope it helped Image Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 14 Jul 2008, 04:21

I use the applicator from the anosol too Image Good tip Cheryl !
For the record mine comes in a tube too !!
Today I am still feeling very calm about everything, I think I can feel all your support and positive vibes, having this board stops me from being scared and losing my head....
I feel very lucky to have met you wonderful people Image
My appointment is at 14:45 , I hope I can post before Lecia has to fly back home....
I will be thinking of you today L , I do hope the travelling home goes smoothly for you :airplane:
Love to you all
xx
Oooooo I love the mermaid board Image
We are the sisterhood of the mermaids , we must swim together Image
:nevergive:

Postby cherylk » 14 Jul 2008, 06:38

Yes, I felt real smart deciding to use the applicator from the anosol tube, and I guess like minds think alike!! Yes, we are the sisterhood of mermaids discussing our probs that are often not discussed with others besides our spouses/sig others who get bored and very tired of hearing about our probs!!!!
:nevergive:
Best wishes for your appointment, Tabby. Hopefully, you will get some answers and resolution to your prob. Image
I didn't practice my golfing last night, but instead decided to walk over and visit a friend of mine who is recovering from a broken hip which was fixed surgically and who is also currently in remission from cancer. Nonetheless, hopefully Lecia will still give me another golf icon. I plan to practice tonight. :)
cherylk
VIP

Postby happyass » 14 Jul 2008, 08:31

more good wishes Image
and super healing vibes Image
may this day be your best :funcatpic:
leaving your fissure drama behind Image
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby cherylk » 14 Jul 2008, 08:59

I forgot to mention that my ointment was compounded in a pharmacy.
cherylk
VIP

Postby Fissulyna » 14 Jul 2008, 14:51

This is so silly - could it be that only I get those ridiculous plastic cylinders as a cream containers Image Image Image ! I will definitely ask pharmacist next time for other options Image !
Lecia- I hope you came home fast and without any problems Image :sprinkleheart:
Tabby - yes , this place is our only safe heaven and one that keeps us sane in this insane condition Image
Cheryl - thanks for info Image
Fissulyna
VIP