Booked Surgery for 9 July - questions!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Booked Surgery for 9 July - questions!

Postby Guest » 12 Jul 2008, 10:32

Lecia ,
Thank you for being here...
I have a feeling that my recent events with extra fibre were to blame, this was when things started to go down hill, that and reducing the movicol,
I will do all i can to feel better for Monday...
Penny Lane is beautiful, is she your baby ? we have a huntress here too but age is slowing her down ! Image

Postby Guest » 12 Jul 2008, 11:24

Well, at least you can pinpoint it to a change and go back to what was working. My husband is always reminding me not to change things too much too fast and I always do because I wasnt to see that I am getting better and don't need all of this stuff, but I am trying to be patient. It's hard!!!

Penny is a neighbors cat. I don't even know what her name is so I named her that. I thought she was homeless so I had adopted her and then realized she had a home. But she still comes over and I let her in when my husband isn't home. (he's allergic)!

Postby val » 12 Jul 2008, 13:27

Tabby, I'm so sorry you're going through all this again, it is so unbelievable when it all comes back after being ok, and its such a shock to see blood again. Its so weird that we all suffer at the same time after we think its healing!

I do hope you feel better soon, and good luck for your appointment Image

How are you doing Lecia? Hope you're ok?
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Jen » 12 Jul 2008, 13:54

Fiss -
I am not calling myself healed yet. I have had no pain or blood for 3 1/2 months, but I know that it can still make a turn for the worse. I think I will start calling myself "healed" at 6 months and we will have to throw a forum party for me. I also believe in that statistics - 4 months and 40%, 2 years and 100%.
You are always so positive to me. I remember once you told me to read old posts I wrote and look at how much pain I was in initally. It worked - I felt better after reading them. I pray you get your answers on the 28th!!
Tabby - Do you think your sphincter size is smaller now than when you were on the creams? I am afraid to get off the nitro, because I believe it has done a chemical LIS on me. If I go off of it, I will tighten up again and my fissure will tare. I am just asking because I know you were on your cream for so long, and now that your off of it your having your setbacks. Have you though of LIS? I hope you feel better Tabster! :)
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby cherylk » 12 Jul 2008, 14:04

Jen,
Does that mean at 4 months a person is 40% healed or that 40% of people are healed in 4 months and that it really takes 2 years to be completely (100%) healed? I had never heard of or read that stat previously.
Thanks,
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 12 Jul 2008, 14:58

Lecia you are right , we are talking very very small changes maybe i was a bit to carefree !
Val,
Thank you,
I relate to you i know you freak at the site of blood, Its horrid :pale: for me when i see the blood i freak yes, but also that feeling that i am not healed :(
Jen,
I think you may have read my mind, yes i feel that my sphincter is tighter after coming off my creams, but i have also made the mistake AGAIN ! of trying to use bulk fibre Image
Yes i am considering whatever needs to be done , i need my life back ..
Whatever you do Jen just dont change anything.... if it aint broke !!

Postby Jen » 12 Jul 2008, 16:57

Tabby -
Yes! Do what you need to do to get better! You don't deserve this and you have been through enough!
Cheryl -
A couple people on the board told me that it takes 4 months for your tissue to regain 40% of its original strength, one year for 80%, and two year for your tissue to get 100% of its strength back. I also have read this somewhere else. During one of my recent lectures, my instructor said almost the same thing, but she was talking about wounds in general, not anal fissures.
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 12 Jul 2008, 17:05

Hi all ! Just came to say hello and send big hug to all today Image .
I am still "kicking" and yes, like "Tubby" Image - sometimes I have "out of body experiences, almost LOL. My mind is either on "sleeping" mode or in "hyperactive" mode and it is hard to concentrate to even the easiest tasks Image Image Image . I mostly speak some kind of "pseudo-English" to amusement of my family and I had to laugh too occasionally - like today I said to my daughter : "It is 3 thirtier " (instead it is 3 thirty ), or "please don't "phylosphie"(read like satisfy) like -please don't talk too much about the subject as a philosopher, or "please eat your book" instead please read your book etc. etc. - so yeah - I definitely have some brian cells migration toward colon developmental embryonic stage during my early organogenesis as a fetus :pale: and now that my butt malfunctions, my brain is dysfunctional too Image !
Today I have "flooding" and cramping and am on the end of my wits - but tomorrow should be better and Cheryl - I definitely am looking or my first "hot flash" Image .
Tabby - sorry buddy that you have a setback too - it looks like we have to
"pay some celestial debts" still, who would guess that heavens LOVE fibrous poop so much Image Image Image !!!!
LOVE TO ALL _ have to go to take Tylenol and lay somewhere :snoopys:
Will write soon again .... :thinkofyou:
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby cherylk » 12 Jul 2008, 19:14

Jen,
I sent you a PM before I saw your explanation about the percentages of fissure healing and times. I copied your explanation to my private e-mail. Thanks! It is so great to have a student like you who is continuing to learn about medical situations!! Image
Gals,
It is really great not having periods as I suffered through endo and fibroids for many years with the docs telling me I just had to wait for menopause, and these things will go away. I might be old and undesirable, but at least I don't have cramps any longer. No wait! I am not undesirable--I forgot I suffered through two plastic surgeries, so I guess everything is A-OK.
At least we have this great forum maintained by Kim who puts up with our female talk and also by wonderful Lecia. People with fibroids and endo probably need a forum such as this, but only those lucky ones with AF get to be part of this group, so I guess there is a silver lining to our butt issues. I have been part of a fibroid support group, and those people struggle with their issues in a similar fashion to the way we do here, but they bicker more! I will continue to send healing prayers and vibs especially to the ones currently having butt challenges. (I guess that is most of us)
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 12 Jul 2008, 19:21

Glad you checked in, Faerie Fissy! I know what you mean about wondering if you have any brain function after all of this pain. I have to concentrate so hard to make sense. It takes a lot of energy. I say one thing and I mean another word. My kids think it is funny.

My best friend just had a hysterectomy for fibroids and endometroisis a week ago and she said even with the surgical pain she feels so much better than she did before the surgery. I hope you can find a good gyn to help put the pieces together too. I don't have a referral yet but I plan insisting on one through WF on Tuesday when I go. I am so looking forward to not dealing with getting the aunt flo anymore. I can hardly leave the house the first two days because I would probably have an accident.

I am sure you are still hot to trot, Cheryl!