Booked Surgery for 9 July - questions!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Booked Surgery for 9 July - questions!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 11 Jul 2008, 18:44

I'll drag you, too, Fissy! I feel terrible you are having it so rough! It brings me down! You certainly don't deserve such misery! God bless you and look after you, and you will be in our thoughts and prayers, buddy!! Image
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 11 Jul 2008, 19:09

We'll send healing vibs and prayers, Fissy. You have posted so much helpful info many times to all of us and have been supportive to so many.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Jen » 11 Jul 2008, 19:53

To all the bleeders -
I am so sorry you guys are all in pain. I just feel so terrible that you all feel so bad! :( I wish there was something I could do to make it better! Image
Val - How is the pregnancy going besides your fissure acting up all the time? Good I hope! :D I wish you all the best!
Fiss - Is there something triggering these setbacks besides your period? Is it the consitancy of your BM's or does it just happen for no apparent reason? Is the reason your going to this appointment on the 18th to see if you can get the tag removed? Or are you going to inquire about a 2nd LIS? Please cheer up fissy! It hurts me to see you so down! :(
I LOVE ALL YOU GUYS! Image
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU ALL!!! :$%:
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 11 Jul 2008, 21:26

Kim - thank you buddy for kind words and prayers Image , I am sorry that my situation made you feel sad :( - I know how it is Image , I felt that way so many times whenever one of my buddies was in pain. I will get better - I promise Image ! There is no other way if I am to continue to walk this earth.
Cheryl and Jen, thanks for your concern and caring and for being still on this forum even after you got well !
Jen - there was no particular event that caused this setback - poop was great, I never felt better than that week when it happened !!! I felt soooo good that I even thought "maybe this is it - maybe I am now healed for reals ", and than "SMACK " !!!- like :" Hey Fissy, not so fast " Image Image Image
I did not think much of it though since my April fissure closed pretty fast and was not painful, but this time it was getting worse and worse as days passed and culminated yesterday just before I got my period Image. I have app.28th, and am going to see if new CRS will have idea what is going on with me Image. He also has that manometry instrument so I will ask him to measure my resting pressure and stuff. I will also try to squeeze app.before that one with my girl CRS just for her to check if fissure is still open since I have no pain pooping but am in pain after BM for hours and hours due to spasms, or what not :( . I will keep you all posted ...
Thanks all again for every comforting thought and word Image , and preyers are appreciated greatly :sprinkleheart:
LOVE TO ALL !!!!
PS: KIM - your siggy made me smile since my Sis calls me Isabella sometimes , one day she just decided to "give me that name" LOL
Lecia - your siggy is soooooo cute, thanks buddy XOXOOOOOO !!!! I think about you too...
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 11 Jul 2008, 21:30

Hang in there. I know how it feels to wonder if this is as good as it gets. And when I start to get any confidence back, it is like, I get knocked down to "teach me a lesson" or something!

I had to break out the vicodin today. My butt was just hurting so much. I wonder Fiss, if we do have underlying gyno issues.

Love ya!

Postby Fissulyna » 11 Jul 2008, 21:35

Love you too....!!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby cherylk » 11 Jul 2008, 21:48

Fiss,
I'm not 100% well, but am working on it. Tonight while on my evening walk I had a thought for you. I know they use the "team approach" at Mayo, and they probably do that elsewhere. Could you go to some clinic and be seen by both a gyno and a CRS and then they could confer? Just a thought as all docs seemingly have their own idea/agenda it seems, but our bodies are one big unit with a butt, a uterus, and other female organs.
Fibroids can do strange things also if that might be a possible cause of your probs. On the positive side, when you guys finally get older like me, there will be no more periods and you will have fewer gyno probs (in some respects) and no more cramps!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby val » 12 Jul 2008, 02:20

I'm glad you've found the reason for all your pain and cramps Fissy, at least they didnt appear out of the blue, there was a reason for them, so hopefully you can feel a lot better in the next few days. Its very strange how those of us with gyne problems have fissure problems too, theres got to be a connexion somewhere....

Hope you feel much better soon Image Image Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 12 Jul 2008, 04:05

Dear Fiss,
I was thinking of you yesterday, wondering how you were,
I was thinking about you all xxx
I am so sorry you are feeling so down , I can almost imagine how you must be feeling..
Fiss, what is the next step for you ? Have you an appointment for the end of the month with laser guy?
I suppose it is looking more likely that a second LIS will be needed – can I ask why you wouldn’t go back the surgeon that did the initial LIS, surely he has a part to play here !
I know you are worried about endometriosis too can you raise these concerns with your GP ?
I do hope you are feeling better today and the cramps have eased off, do stick with the evening primrose , how much are you taking ? when i started the EP it caused my period to come early too, i also had some spotting inbewteen which has stopped now and everything is "normal "
You are in my thoughts cherub
Sending you a very big hug Image
x
Yesterday wasn’t such a good day for me , it was 4 and half moths ago was the last time I saw blood , yesterday morning it happened twice , i wasn’t constipated straining or due the ketchup, I had that razor feeling again, then the blood :pale: :(
I am skunnered !!! – fine Scottish word for you all !
I felt numb yesterday and my head isn’t thinking , I feel strangely calm,
Maybe this is a case of I admit defeat and there is nothing left to think about! Image
Lecia , I so wanted to run away yesterday, I am sorry I couldn’t bring myself to post about my latest head up my arse scenario , Your photo made me smile this morning , you are such a gorgeous girl ! Now who is that tortoiseshell she ? is really pretty !
x
Dear keyzer
Sorry to hijack your thread !!!
I do hope today is a good day for you ?
Sending lots of healing vibes to all our dear boardies
I really hope all you guys are doing Ok
xxx

Postby Guest » 12 Jul 2008, 09:45

Yes, sorry Keyzer for taking over the thread. We care about how you are doing too!

I am sorry your day was bad yesterday too, Tab. It does seem surreal after not having any bleeding to just start again out of the blue. Was the stool scratchy at all? One thing that I have been doing is to lube up before I go with ky jelly or a&d ointment (petroleum jelly is close to the same) and it seems to protect the skin better than when I don't use anything. I know the stunned feeling you are talking about. When I got another thrombosis after having the surgery to correct that I just remember lying there almost too numb to speak or react. But when I did it wasn't a pretty scene.

I am praying for all of you. I feel blessed that I have such sweet people who understand how I feel here though I would not want anyone to suffer from this.

The kitty is Penny Lane. She is very sweet but quite the huntress. She can be sitting on your lap enjoying nuzzling up to you and then jump down and prey unmercilessly on a little bird. I know it is instinctual but to go from being so gentle to "I'm gonna tear that birdies head off" is a sight to see.