My AF battle

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: My AF battle

Postby Guest » 01 Aug 2008, 15:20

Want to run this by you all. I am thinking of applying the ointment a couple more times during the day. Do you think there would be any negative side affects to using the cream 4 to 6 times a day?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 01 Aug 2008, 15:27

Anything beyond four applications, I would call and ask my doctor. I doubt there is anyone on this board qualified to give you a safe answer for that. If you are healthy, 4 times should be OK...
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 01 Aug 2008, 15:34

I applied it at least 6 times a day !!! I was advised to put it every time before the BM ( I had 5 at the time) and after if I washed it away (which I did), so yeah. I did not have any side effects - at least not that I know off. BUT - ask your doctor - this is only my experience and we are all different !
All the best !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 03 Aug 2008, 17:15

Over the last couple days I have had some stinging. I felt around while in the bath today and believe I have a hemmoroid. I have some Preparation H. What would you all recommend for treating the Hemmie?
Thanks guys

Postby Jen » 03 Aug 2008, 17:37

Prep H never worked well for me but we are all different. The steroid suppositories from my doctor always worked best in my opinion!
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby cherylk » 03 Aug 2008, 17:59

I think Pre H is useless. I used Anusol (Proctosol) on two separate occasions when I had thrombosed hemroids. It is a prescription med and if you are on the ointment, I am not sure the two could both be used at the same time.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 03 Aug 2008, 19:07

If it is thrombosed you might want to go see the doctor so they can remove the clot to ease the pressure. Does it hurt a lot?

Sitzbaths can help and taking anti-inflammatories like ibuprofen also. My doctor told me to take 800 mg 2-3 times a day to help with the swelling. I also have tried using a potato on the area and it seems to draw out the impurities. Peel it, shred it and make a compress out of it or just cut off a piece that you can hold to the area.

The prep H may help a little and there is a cooling gel that they make that can help with the pain. Make sure to keep your bowels soft so you are straining making it worse.

Postby buttgirl » 04 Aug 2008, 11:45

What ointment? The blood pressure stuff I applied countless times a day when things were really bad.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 03 Sep 2008, 14:34

Hello everyone! Thought I would drop in and give another update. I havent had any bleeding or pain in over a month. The only reminence of a fissure is an occasional chaffing feeling or tingling down in that area. Other then that, I am doing great. Definitely glad I came here and got the advice from you all. THe Diltiazem worked wonders.

Postby Jo » 03 Sep 2008, 14:50

Wonderful!
Image Glad you stopped in with an update.
Hoping you have continued success. Are you still using the Diltiazem?
Take care,
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5