does this sound like an abcess/fistula?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: does this sound like an abcess/fistula?

Postby Guest » 01 Sep 2008, 10:49

I am glad they got you a Rx so fast and hope it works just as quickly.

Postby Guest » 01 Sep 2008, 13:52

Thank goodness !
I am glad they were prompt at giving you a perscription !! I hope it makes you feel better real soon Image
Val I think that is maybe the same case here too….explosion of a hemmie Image then came the fissure ! Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Postby Deleted User 5 » 01 Sep 2008, 14:55

I hope it is just a minor infection, Val. Surely it's somehow related to your overall anal pathology. I'm glad you can tell it's not a thrombosed hem-monsteroid!
Here' to a good round of metronidazole and a happier arse!
Deleted User 5

Postby Jen » 04 Sep 2008, 14:55

Val -
I have been thinking about you dear! How is your mystery bump and is the medication helping you?
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby val » 05 Sep 2008, 01:54

aw thanks Jen!

I wrote last night it was getting better, and right on cue, this morning it was sore again!! Its a lot better than it was though.

How are you, and how's your little boy today? I do hope you are both feeling better this morning.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby buttgirl » 08 Sep 2008, 17:25

H Val,
sorry I didn't see this sooner. i had a strange, sore, white bump back in March. I think it was the beginning of a hemmie--my CRS thought so too. There was no thrombosis, but some tissue that swelled and hurt for a while. It kinda looked like the tip of a pinkiny sticking out of my bum. It has since reduced, though it is not completely gone.
I also had an abscess. It looked like a skin tag and grew and shrunk daily. At one point, it got really sore, so I pushed on it and out popped a ton of puss. After that, the abscess looked like nothing distinct. The area was just sore and generally swollen, no specific node apparent.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby bherna1 » 08 Sep 2008, 22:56

Thats how my abscess begin. I would push on it and out came the stuff. It would come and go. It evently turned into a fistuala. They also cut the abscess tissue out and drained it completely. Shot me up with a mega dose of antibotics.
I went in to have both of them drained. Turned out i had two of each 6 and 12 positions. Not a fun deal but i am glad i went into the surgery to set the healing process. Still draining after 12 weeks but getting better. My case was bad. I let it go too long as Val said. Val saved me from futher damage. She pushed me straight into the surgeon to get the job done. I was so tired of the pain and ups and downs of the abscess and fistulas
Good luck
Bernard
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Guest » 09 Sep 2008, 06:38

Good to hear from you Bernard. It sounds like you have been through a lot. Are you feeling better? Do you still use Aloe vera?

Postby bherna1 » 09 Sep 2008, 10:29

Thanks. Good to hear from you. I didnt want to scare people off on my experience but it was a good one that i think i made the right decision. I had deep fissures to the muscle in the 6 and 12 positions, absess in both as well as fistulas in both...what a mess. This was way beyond aloa vera could help out. They sewed both fisures shut using a steel bar to twist and sew. Its a new procedure according to the surgeon i used. He was young and i had a second review from another doctor. Once he was in there he didnt want to cut the muscle due to me having IBS. As mention above he removed the absess and layed open the fistulas. The only thing i am having that is getting better is drainage and minor bleeding. The pain at first was bad due to all the issues i had worked on but got better as weeks went on.
I wish everyone the best
Please take care and dont wait until its a real big problem like mine.
Regards
Bernard
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby val » 09 Sep 2008, 11:02

I'm glad you're getting a lot better Bernard, you've had things really, really tough and I cant imagine having to put up with all the pain that you have suffered.

I think it's good to post your experience because there are always people to help out and give support so you dont feel you are alone in this and also it shows how much worse infections can get if you leave them. I'm so glad you got yours fixed, and hope you have a total recovery very soon.

Take care
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86