does this sound like an abcess/fistula?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

does this sound like an abcess/fistula?

Postby val » 31 Aug 2008, 11:49

I cant believe this is happening Image Image but I've had a pain the opposite side to where my fissure is. I had a look and there is a little sort of bump which is REALLY sore. My fissure was inside and not visible and the only indication I had of the fistula was the discharge and white mark on the skin tag, so i never actually saw anything. This is just out side and hurts like hell, and now I'm beginning to freak out!!

What does anyone think? Has anyone had anything like that?

Thanks!!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Re: does this sound like an abcess/fistula?

Postby Jo » 31 Aug 2008, 12:04

Oh no! Why does everything happen on the weekend. Hoping it is nothing, do you have any discharge? Is the bump red? Maybe it is just a small irritation that goes away soon or very small inflamed vein?
I haven't had anything like it. Sorry.
Take care dear Val, hoping it is nothing.
Image Image Image
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Jen » 31 Aug 2008, 12:22

Val -
I am so sorry about this Val! I was so worried when I read how upset you are.
When is your next CRS appointment?
Do you think there is any way this could be a hemmie? Have you ever had a hemmie problem before? Is there any way this spot could be from your LIS incision? Now that I know about LIS incisions, I can see how they could act up in years to come. They are almost like fissures themselves - at least mine is.
I am so sorry you have to go through this. You are going through enough as it is. I wish I could take away the pain. Try to hang in there dear Val, and keep us updated. In the meantime, just know I am hear for you and I am praying.
How is your neck today? Has it improved at all?
Jen Image
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby val » 31 Aug 2008, 12:31

Image it doesnt look too red, but i cant see properly with my neck the way it is! thanks Jen, but i imagine my neck will be the same until i get the operation! theres a huge fragment of disc pressing on 3 nerves and the spinal chord, so i've come to accept the pain as there to stay for a while! Image
Its too small to be a hemmie and my LIS was internal and on the other side. I only had the fistulotomy in january, i cant bear the thought of another one and i'm getting spooked that maybe it a fistula tracking from the original left side, into the right. I think my mind is running wild!!

How are you both today?
val
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 31 Aug 2008, 12:51

FFS .....Val !!!!!!!!!! :(
This just cannot be possible not again Image
I think my skin tag was the result of a hemmie, it was very sore to touch Image i think this is how my fissure came about Image
External hemmies are sore i know that much..
How are you feeling in yourself ? Can you see the doctor first thing ??

Postby Fissulyna » 31 Aug 2008, 14:41

Hi Val buddy - I can just say "well, tell me about it " Image Same here Image I never had an abscess or outside hemmie (at least none of CRSs ever identified any :roll: , so I am of no help here :( . As you might saw - I developed 12 o'clock bump too and it has some white on it but the darn thing
does not hurt or ooze anything , although my butt hurts today like hell Image. My LIS was outside gain - now right side - incision 7 mm long - visible only with bright head-light (yes, like the one miners have LOL), and extremely close inspection. No bleeding or scar or ANYTHING on that hairline
tiny thing - I swear guys - it might be outside with all of you , it is so hard to see it if one does not know exactly where to look and for what Image . But , it does not matter now at all - I am just rambling since I feel like jumping out of the window - although I would just scrape my knees since I am on my lower level .
Hang in there buddy and I think that you should be seen Image - one never knows with out butts what can lurk "in the darkness" of endless shit :flush: Image Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby val » 31 Aug 2008, 15:02

Image hi Fissy, i was just wondering how you were! My bump is at 3 o clock! Its funny how we have both developed nasty bumps - its that bloody gremlin again!Image

Have you got yours looked at yet?
val
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 31 Aug 2008, 17:15

It sounds like an external thrombosed hemorrhoid to me. It could be from the constipation you have had. They are very painful! I would think if it were a fistula or abscess you would have had to have had trauma there recently. I know they prescribe baths and warm compresses. Also anti-inflammatories can reduce the swelling too if you can take those. I have the lidocaine packed up and will ship it on Tuesday (Monday is PO holiday) and that will help numb the spot. If you can get your hands on any teething gel in the meantime that could help.

I have used a raw potato bit on the area and that seems to draw out the toxins. I am sorry. I know how bad it hurts. But I guess with all of your history it would be a good idea to get it checked out just to make sure.

Postby Guest » 01 Sep 2008, 09:07

Dear Val
How are you today ??? did you manage to get checked out ?
I have been using gemoilods cream it contains a small % of Lidocaine, it has been my life saver over the last few weeks !
I wonder if this would help until you receive your parcel from Lecia...
Thinking of you :truebud:
xx

Postby val » 01 Sep 2008, 10:02

Image thanks Lecia, i really appreciate that! I'm sure its not a thrombosed hemmie because I've had those before, - thats how my fissure story began when one exploded! This feels sore and infected rather than that dragging ache of hemmies, and its quite tiny.

Thanks Tabby, yes i called the doctor today and he left out a prescription of metronidazole so hopefully that might zap it! I've hit it with savlon and germalene cream too!
val
King Fissure