Cinderella's LIS experience

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Cinderella's LIS experience

Postby val » 01 Nov 2008, 10:13

its so horrible when the retearing happens, hope you feel better soon.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 01 Nov 2008, 11:49

Sorry to hear that you might need more treatment for this. Do you think the surgery helped some? The same thing happened to Fissy but I guess it is good that doctors start out conservatively because you can always cut more but not less.
I am having a setback too. I tore something and started bleeding and the pain is worse.
Hugs to you. Image

Postby Corsi » 01 Nov 2008, 12:27

Not good news, but I guess we all have to realize that things take sooo long to heal with fissures :( and it seems that both surgeries and botox need to be repeated.
How old is your baby?
Take care Cindy Image
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Jen » 01 Nov 2008, 14:27

Cindy -
It may take some time to heal still. I am still healing too. I don't know it you read my other posts, but the Benefiber has been very helpful in my healing process. Remeber that it took buttgirl 7 months to heal after LIS and try to remain positive.
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 01 Nov 2008, 14:49

Cindy - I am so sorry Image . They just do not to want to risk causing incontinence and go little by little - what can we do Image . I had 2 LIS surgeries and I still have to push gas out. My sphincter is always so nice an loose for the first 4-6 weeks and than just gets tight again Image BUT, this second time is better than first so I guess, we just have to have nerves of an elephant and endure multiple treatments until we heal. They usually don't want to do any surgery for at least 6 months after the first one - it is needed period to see the final result of a LIS. I was also considering Botox instead of LIS but always wanted to have more permanent solution and I always opt for the LIS instead. Try to avoid dilation - very painful and can cause incontinence more so than a LIS .
Best of luck Cindy Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby pinky » 01 Nov 2008, 17:00

Cindy,its very sad Image theu surgeons are careful in cutting due to incontinence and it requires a very experienced surgeon.even i feel its better to try botox and see if it'll help.how much have you healed?even i would advice against dilatation as its outdated and risk of incontinence is very high.are you still in pain?
i can understand how you feel.you will heal and when the time is right you can think of a baby.ive put off all my plans till i heal and get my life back.sometimes life doesnt go the way we plan and ive learnt it the hard way many times in life.
it will get better. Image
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Cinderella » 17 Nov 2008, 11:15

I have an appointment for botox this week. However I have felt much better now. I still feel that I have an AF but it does not really hurt. Sometimes I might feel little soreness during BM but I can manage it easily. I have also felt that my sphincter has become looser than it was few weeks ago.
I would still like to have botox, just to make sure that I will heal. But I am so scared of incontinence after botox as I have felt much looser recently. I know that incontinence after botox is just temporary, however it would be very difficult to be at work if that will happen. I already had some problems to hold gas today.
Any ideas what should I do? I really want to have botox but I cannot stay on sick leave for long time if I will get incontinent.
Cinderella
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby Deleted User 5 » 17 Nov 2008, 11:45

Cinderella, I am happy you are deciding to be proactive with your fissure and do something concrete to end your problems. I really can't say what the risks of incontinence are, though I suspect it is quite low. Perhaps one or more of our botox boardies can chime in and give you their experience.
More than anything, though, only the Dr. performing the procedure can really give you any real insight into the incontinence risks and tell you what their individual track record is. That would be your best source. Good luck in whatever you decide!
Deleted User 5

Postby Corsi » 17 Nov 2008, 11:49

I have Botox, have been incontinent a few times, but it was when I was supposed to have a BM.
I think that is a risk you just have to take if you want Botox. If you get incontinent, your Botox works - and that's a good thing... :)
How are you able to work with fissure?
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Jen » 17 Nov 2008, 13:39

Cindy -
I would go for it if your doctor thinks this is the next step. Sometimes during the pain and agony of my fissure in its worst days - I would gladly welcome incontinence. Please let us know how it goes!
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39