Cinderella's LIS experience

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Cinderella's LIS experience

Postby Fissulyna » 17 Nov 2008, 14:50

I just wonder if it is necessary :roll: ! If you already are so loose that you have trouble holding in gas - I don't think that you need to be any looser to heal Image . I do not have gas incontinence even after 2 LIS surgeries , so your LIS was more than sufficient in my opinion. BUT - you will never know if you do not try. You also might conceder giving some more time since you said you feel so much better ! There is no rush , really. Botox injections will make you sore, I hope you are aware of that Image. When one is in a LOT of pain anyway, that does not make any difference, but if you feel so much better , maybe it will only put extra emotional burden on you Image.
I wish you the best of luck for whatever you decide Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 17 Nov 2008, 15:18

Same Corsi ! Only ever that incontinent feeling when I am due my toilet time Image
Which is fine but not if its during work hours Image There is that risk of not being able to hold it in and that would be mortifying, more so if you cannot hold gas just now Cindy !
Your CRS will know best and you should mention to him that you have been feeling looser... That itself a great sign Image
Maybe the creams would be a safegaurd for you just now ?
Glad you are doing better Cindy :D

Postby lars » 17 Nov 2008, 15:30

I agree with Fissy here. There is no need for botox when you struggle to hold in farts.. Just give it more time. Your fissure is bound too heal when you are that loose :)
lars
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby juney » 17 Nov 2008, 17:10

i agree. i've had 2 LIS and i still have to push out gas, kinda like fissy said. it seems like your LIS made you sufficiently loose down there. you don't want to risk incontinence!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby pinky » 17 Nov 2008, 18:27

even i agree.if you are feeling good,why dont you wait for sometime?you can always try out botox if you are in pain or the fissure isnt healing.
as fissy says,botox can make you sore for a few days.
discuss with your crs and see what he thinks.
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6