cleanliness after fissurectomy

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: cleanliness after fissurectomy

Postby cherylk » 10 Jan 2010, 10:26

I soak in the tub, instead of sitz bath (which I used to use). She might try that--I think it is easier (gentler) on the butt. Plus it is a good opportunity to relax and read something!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby derryboy » 10 Jan 2010, 13:57

what is a sitz bath? ive always thought it was having a normal bath with hot/warm water.... noow am lost
derryboy
King Fissure

Topics: 20

Postby cherylk » 10 Jan 2010, 14:08

Here is a link for a sitz bath--it fits over the toilet bowl and you fill it with warm water:
http://www.carex.com/products/detail/405
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby suzyljank » 10 Jan 2010, 16:28

I use this sitz bath, it's inflatable and very comfortable to sit on. http://www.amazon.com/Convalescent-Care-Sof-Sitz-Inflatable-Sitz/dp/B0007VDA8G
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Fissulyna » 13 Jan 2010, 21:09

Oh, I was a bathtub dweller for a 2 years LOL. It is just that most people like sitz-baths more due to portability.
Sitting in the tub is no fun when it is "a must" - actually - I now shiver any time I see any kind of a tub Image !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby jquest68 » 14 Jan 2010, 22:18

Hey all, thanks for all your tips. The funny thing is she stopped eating cinnamin and she's feeling better just a little itching. No nuts either that would come out rough and hurt. But all and all she's been doing the sitz bath. She's back at running and doing her workouts.
Her BM still not getting better. She's still taking stool softner. She's holding and when she goes to the bathroom its bloody. But no pain. She had a BM at 2pm(today: 1/14) and the last time was Tuesday night (1/12). Normally she goes every day. So we're still working on that to get better.
jquest68
Fibre Addict

Postby Fissulyna » 15 Jan 2010, 01:51

That is all great news !
Now, she really needs to have that BM every day, especially if it is her normal rhythm !!!
Since she is bleeding from the incision site and not a fissure site she really should not worry about that so much. The more she is holding it in, the harder the poop will be and can cause some damage to the fissure and THAT is worrisome : ((((.
Hope that she will continue to heal with no problems : ))) and find the way to keep it all nce and soft and regular ! Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby jquest68 » 23 Jan 2010, 11:09

thank you again. I think she's doing better but I think she won't tell me if she's getting worse for me not to worry. She's been doing the sitz baths but not regular on the BM yet. But she has some uncontrollable gases, WOW!!! lol. I won't say anything to her because its during night time when we're sleeping.
Its just that she has irregular menstrual cycles and with the surgery it just makes her bloated and she hates that feeling. But I try to encourage her and do what I can do for her. If she goes to the bathroom the way she used to I think she would be good.
jquest68
Fibre Addict

Postby Fissulyna » 24 Jan 2010, 22:28

That is good that her sphincter is nice and relaxed and lets those bubbles out !!! It will get somewhat stronger over the next couple of weeks and she will have more control - although I am sure that we all pass gas when we sleep and have no idea of what happened because we are - ASLEEP LOL.
She might try some anti-gas supplements like Beeno and Saab complex etc. if she feels uncomfortable and bloated.
Best wishes for continued healing !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby StevePain » 10 Aug 2010, 08:15

I've had Fissurectomy with LIS and cleaning is a complete nightmare, I'm forever cleaning the hole and there's still more fecal matter so I've now started using cotton wool balls soaked in warm water, I dab the area repeatedly even a bit inside the anus but not too far in, until I dab and there's no evidence of fecal matter then it's off in the bath for a warm soak, this a lengthy process but a necessity since left over fecal matter irritates the surgical site causing a burning sensation and pain, also, when having a BM it sometimes feels like you haven't finished and can't fully get the rest of the stool out because of swelling, when this happens it causes irritation where the sutures are, this is painful too and causes a burning sensation, this is happening to me right now and the irritation is soooo annoying, the only way forward is to push gently during BM in hope to eliminate all waste.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45