cleanliness after fissurectomy

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: cleanliness after fissurectomy

Postby dano » 17 Sep 2008, 20:45

remember when i had the fistulotomy in december?? i washed the 2nd day with soap on my body,but i used a little antibacterial soap on a clean rag and swabbed a little around the surgery area.. hey KIM...i know about wanting to look,drove me crazy to see what went on down there,after contorting in different positions to get a good view,i was SHOCKED to see the carnage that used to be my rear,i couldnt believe that what i was seeing was better than the fistula! it was so bad i called the dr the next day and asked what the hell happened..he told me they laid the whole tract of the fistula open so i could heal from the inside,not the original plan,amazingly it healed up nicely!
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Fissulyna » 17 Sep 2008, 21:09

he-heeee, Dano had a crazy butt, Dano had a crazy butt LOL
Hey dude -how is it going Image ??? Any proposal yet - hmmmm ??? Image Or you spend more time with those fishes than your girlfriend heh heh ??? Image
Hope your butt is not only looking great but is functioning as well Image !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jen » 17 Sep 2008, 21:20

Thank you. I actually found this...It was something you posted along time ago under the references and website section of the forum...it said....
8] Excision of the anal fissure [fissurectomy] - A triangular part of the anoderm is excised along with the fissure itself. This procedure is usually preceded by anal stretch.
Drawback- Howsoever, good and reliable this operation is, it leaves behind a large and rather uncomfortable external wound, which takes a long time to heal20.
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 17 Sep 2008, 21:27

Yeah - it is done that way when it is PRIMARY treatment. If it is a part of LIS or Botox than they usually "shave edges " - that is what I was told. Only if fissure is present for years it will have so much scar tissue that it needs to be "resurfaced" completely. My first fissurectomy involved exactly 3 mm of tissue. I discovered it recently after I demanded my med. record from my first CRS.
As I said - 2 fissurectomies - no visible cuts in my case . Image
And also , my first fissure with fissurectomy healed completely in 9 weeks - probably earlier , but I checked it at 9 weeks post op. If fissurectomy is done
it can take up to 12 weeks for complete healing .
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby juney » 17 Sep 2008, 21:38

dano - your experience is very similar to my current one. i had a fissurectomy and small fistulotomy. there is extreme carnage down there. i look every day, b/c i want to make sure i clean out all the fecal matter, plus i have to apply creams 3 times a day so i'm looking a lot.
and yes jen, for my fissurectomy, a small area was left open as a drain so the gore i'm seeing down there is from both fissurectomy and fistulotomy. i can't tell what is what though. i can't even tell where my a**hole is now!! HAHA
good to know yours healed up nicely dano, i'm hoping i can say the same in a few weeks!!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Fissulyna » 17 Sep 2008, 21:41

Juney I think that what you see open and left to drain is that small fistulotomy thingy. It is exactly how it is done - as Dano explained so vividly ; ) !
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 18 Sep 2008, 06:05

Yeah, I remember looking and seriously wasn't even sure where my b-hole was it looked like roadkill~! Image

Postby juney » 18 Sep 2008, 10:13

for the fissurectomy, the dr actually told me he left a small "hole" open as a drain as the wound heals. that's why i'm not sure which is which. i have no idea what it'd look like with just one or the other. oh well, as long as it works, i don't care what it looks like now! haha
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby dano » 18 Sep 2008, 21:44

no small hole for me,just like a 3" slice right into my rear,were you as shocked as me when you 1st saw your rear??..i swear it looked like a grenade went off in there..i had no creams to apply,just some 4 inch sqyare gauze pads i renamed "buttpads".like i say,mine healed completely in like less than 2 months,i went back to work in like 4 days,felt fine the next day actually,it was a pain keeping the butt pad in place though...maybe you should take a pic and use it as your avatar!
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Fissulyna » 18 Sep 2008, 22:32

Thanks Dano for being here for our fisstulotomy cases Image !!! It is so much easier for people when they hear from somebody who was there - done that and have a great result Image !!!
Nothing can give more hope and comfort than that Image
Fissulyna
VIP