cleanliness after fissurectomy

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: cleanliness after fissurectomy

Postby Fissulyna » 10 Aug 2010, 14:00

Steve - I thought you said you did not have any sutures :roll: But in any case, you are doing the correct thing !!! I can not stress enough the importance of cleaning that area completely.
Swollen folds do trap fecal matter and it irritates anus to no end. It irritates the skin of the intact anus, not to mention one that was cut : (((.
I did the same routine, except that I did gentle dubbing with a TP, than shower head stream , than soak, than mirror inspection and using a q-tip to take off any remaining debris.
I also used Balneol cream or Vaseline to protect the are for fecal irritation and it all helped me a great deal to heal fast.
My CRS told me that keeping it THAT clean definitely helps with the speed of healing , so you are on the right track :D !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby StevePain » 10 Aug 2010, 14:17

Thanks Fissy, I have sutures internally, nothing is visible from the outside except a whopping black bruise on the left side of the anus, the Fissurectomy site is sutured according to the nurse, fecal matter burns and irritates like crazy!!
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Fissulyna » 10 Aug 2010, 19:20

Oh my :( !!!! That must hurt a lot. Any extra poking there makes extra little wounds that need to close *sigh
I had 7 cuts total (2 skin tags, one fissurectomy,LIS, 3 internal centenial piles removed Image ) so I can definitely sympathize ... Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Runnerman » 10 Aug 2010, 20:31

Fiss.. How long until the swelling goes down? I'm 1 month out of LIS and I still get days where the anus feels swollen. I also have mostly healed the fissure but now I think im just starting the healing of the incision sight. I assume this is because that area was cut alot deeper then the fissure? It just at that point between pain and itch. But my anus still feels swollen. GRRR!
Runnerman
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Postby StevePain » 11 Aug 2010, 04:35

Fissy, I can fully understand how you must have felt after your Fissurectomy, I suppose they can do too much down there with all the extra prodding and poking in such a sensitive area Image
BTW, I'm still considering taking a picture of my anus and posting it on here so others will know what to expect :roll:
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby nextlifetime » 17 Aug 2010, 21:13

I applaud you Fissulyna. I am trying to keep clean as possible but I can't manage the q-tip maneuver! Sitz bath hurts like I'm splitting in two but I did a lot of them right after surgery. And the tub hurts to sit in too. Switched to water bottle and shower spray.
But Runnerman caught my attention with the swelling. I'm three weeks out and feel like baboon butt and sometimes like something sharp is poking me. Please tell me you are doing better now!
And StevePain... I actually took a pic of my backside because I couldn't quite see it in the mirror! But I'm not remotely interested in posting it. Image
nextlifetime
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby pinky » 26 Aug 2010, 02:04

Dear Juney,
How r u doing?
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6