Hello All

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Hello All

Postby Deleted User 5 » 29 Sep 2008, 10:02

Helen, I commend you for trying to avoid the operation, but if you're not having spasms, then it would probably be unnecessary anyway. Try to make sure you get get plenty of healing nutrients like B complex, zinc, and C. At your age, you should be healing,
Rather than anoheal, I suggest you see if your doctor can't prescribe the nefedipine or diltiazem creams, and try your best to keep your stools soft. Cooked vegetables are an ideal source of soft fiber and I believe that eating foods with a higher water content, like the cooked veggies, is a better water to bring water into your stools than just drinking liter after liter of water throughout the day.
Have you had your fissure examined lately to see what it's current state of healing is? Good luck!!
Deleted User 5

Postby val » 29 Sep 2008, 12:03

Kim, anoheal is what diltiazam is called here in UK! :D
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Deleted User 5 » 29 Sep 2008, 13:05

How can I ever keep all these trade names straight! Thanks for straightening me out!!
How is your neck, Val? Are you holding up there very well? Is it still cold or have you all had any warmer days? Did they ever move up your surgery date?
What would I do without you guys to keep me in line? :)
Deleted User 5

Postby val » 29 Sep 2008, 13:15

It would be easier if it was called the same everywhere, thats for sure!
Image yeah, they moved it to 24th october! Got the pre-op this friday Image It will be nice to get it over with as its getting worse! :(
val
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 29 Sep 2008, 13:20

Sorry to hear it is worse. Did the accident with the table cause it to get worse? Can you turn your head?
We will all be thinking of you this Friday and hope they can help put your mind at ease. You have just been through so much suffering. We want you rockin' out by Halloween. Isn't Fissy having a party? Image

Postby Deleted User 5 » 29 Sep 2008, 13:21

Oh, i hate that it is getting worse, what do you take for it?
Yeah, weren't we just talking about the different names thing on the games board the other day? See what I mean -- gets me every time!!!
I am delighted they moved the date up, to bad it couldn't be tomorrow! But that is just a few weeks off now. The time will fly by and Oct 24th will be here before you know it!!!
Deleted User 5

Postby val » 29 Sep 2008, 13:36

I'm just taking amitriptiline at the moment as none of the painkillers work well enough to warrant the side effects!
You're right, it will fly by, and i will be a nervous wreck by the time it gets here!
val
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 29 Sep 2008, 14:56

But you will be so calm when you finally walk into that waiting room and they wheel you in for pre-op. Happens to all of us.
What is amitryp-to-whatever?
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 29 Sep 2008, 15:15

I am sorry to hear you are feeling worse Val..
Thank goodness they can fix you up all new again Image