Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy - My Story !

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy - My Story !

Postby Corsi » 05 Apr 2009, 03:57

Tabby wrote: but this last period I had waves of spasms on my buttocks !! not sore atall but a very werid sensation Image

I started getting analcramps during periods in November I think, they are so bad when they last. I still get them, even during ovulation... Did not have them before. I have been wondering too what this is...Botox? Fissure lasting so long?
Salt didn't work for me, but I haven't been taking long baths at all during this fissure thing or after LIS. Only 1 - 2 minute soaks and then shower off. After LIS I had to stop using hot water too as it dried out my skin. I only us a few drops of special soap in the water. Haven't had problems keeping the area clean after BM, but I shower off a few times a day.
Hope you are OK soon Tabster Image
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 05 Apr 2009, 07:03

Thanks Val Image
I would like to think the same ! It makes sense !
I have never tried the savlon but it sounds ideal ! I will buy some, the antiseptic kind right ?
Kim Image
The salt water I have used since day one to keep skin tag area clean and of course my fissure as it is external too ! I admit I have been OCD, I think I can drop the salt now ! :roll:
I didn’t think that I would be out of the woods at week 10 I have experienced and learnt to much here to know that , but I am happy enough , for now ….
Fissy Thanks …
Pickle my butt ! you make me smile ! Image
You are right on lass ! Buttock spasms are a walk in the park compared to rectum tightness, I should think myself lucky ! Image
Thanks Pinky Image
I remember you got that tight feeling during PMS , do you still get it now ?
I didn’t get the tightness but all around just flutters , its all new sensations !
The magnesium helps with PMS too and as you say it is good for relaxing the muscles ! Win win ! Glad you are going to try the evening primrose I double the dose a week before I am due and I think it helps !
Of course I will post my update Image
Corsi Image
I don’t know WTF ! Botox gave me some very funky sensations too !
Its got to be nerves and such , only explanation !
I am glad I brought the subject up , altleast we all know that is "normal" !
Huh ! as normal as life gets with freddy the fissure ! Image
Thank you all ! Image
xx

Postby pinky » 08 Apr 2009, 15:27

Tabby-I havent got the horrible tight feeling like everything spasming during periods.I did have it once,i think 2 months after LIS.its been fine since using magnesium.shudve started it sooner.
i do get a dull ache and some soreness after BMS during PMS and periods.dont know how long it will last.hope its not forever.
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Fissulyna » 08 Apr 2009, 23:43

I lost hope of getting rid of those :roll: . They were there during "fissure time" and after the first LIS and are now after the second LIS too Image . The only thing that helps my sphincter relax during day or two before my period is one half tablet of the Valium. Needless to say - I keep those leftover pills like they are "holly grail" Image and I do not know what I will do after they are gone Image Mg and oils do not make any difference for me ...Oh well... looking forward to my menopause Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 09 Apr 2009, 08:53

Thanks for sharing Pinky Image
I may just get back on the mag before and during period times and see if that helps !
That’s that then, Fissy ! !!
I just have to do all I can to work with it Image I liked that valuim too but maybe a little too much Image my hubby threw my spares away !!! Image

Postby Guest » 09 Apr 2009, 09:03

That's grounds for divorce right there! Image

Postby Guest » 09 Apr 2009, 09:09

Image I am over it now Image

Postby Fissulyna » 09 Apr 2009, 18:09

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Image Image Image - I would make my hubby "swim after them " Image - no, seriously !!!!! OMG - Tabby LOL - just make him ship them to Fissy and Pharaoness Toot next time Image - we will have some major fun , ahahahahahaaaaa...right Toot Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 21 Apr 2009, 06:18

Hey butt buddies Image
I had my 12 week follow up yesterday and all is good !
My fissure has healed ! !"AMЈ$%I^&*CRAZY))CODE:)))))))))
I asked about the discomfort and those weirdo buttock spasms which seem to happen around period times ! I was told that there could be slight nerve damage and/or scar tissue issues, which is why it acts up around that time !
I am happy enough and even if I have this discomfort every period time, it's no problem its nothing like it use to be, I feel blessed Image
My surgeon made a point of talking to me about lifestyle and STRESS !
Take note folks , good diet , plenty of exercise – Listen to your body and take time to wind down...
So for now Image

Postby cherylk » 21 Apr 2009, 06:28

Good news!! You probably felt like giving Mr. Smith a big kiss for all he did for you (especially since he is good looking)! Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46