Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy - My Story !

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy - My Story !

Postby Guest » 28 Jan 2009, 09:35

Hey hey boardies Image
Here I am again , me and my new butt ....
Thanks all for your well wishes and support Image
Here is my new thread – MY LIS THREAD !!
Yesterday was such a long day - surgery was delayed because of complications with another case 2 people got cancelled thank god it wasn’t me !
I was taken down at 1pm back and compos mentis by 2.30 telling the nurses how much I loved them and how I needed some methadone for the pain Image I think I meant morphine , I was given paracemotol which did take the edge off, my doc said that was good he said he was testing my pain he gave me more to take home and some voltarol if things got intense , the nurse said before I left to stick with voltarol as it also helps fight infection too I had one tab lastnight and slept like a baby..
Sooooooooo the day after the nightmare before – I am pleased to tell you all that I feel GREAT considering the colouring of my toosh Image I have felt no need for painkillers but I have taken parcetomol for the swelling and I will take another voltarol later but not for the pain, I have some hardcore bruising at my left side its all black down south but the pain today is more discomfort which is all external I don’t feel anything inside – I have been for my poopy doos twice this morning and didn’t have any pain and most important no tight feeling , I think it is the thought more than anything that is scary after such surgery…
My husband has been such a star throughout this and helped to take off the bandages lastnight he was the first to see the aftermath , he even cleaned me up last night I mean that is true love isn’t it ! Image
I have a problem today and that is keeping the area clean and free of poop because it is very sore even to dab with tissues after I have been , what I did was jump into the tub and swirled some water round about but that did help in removing the yukkys , it is very tender even to use the shower head so carefully using cotton buds and such to make sure the area is clean !
Any tipes here would be appreciated …
Also you LIS people – airhead icon here but did you have this bruising too ?
Many funny coincidences yesterday starting when I woke put on the radio and heard spaceman Image at the hospital I started to read twilight and the lady opposite me was reading the same book – her name was Patricia !
Another lady called Ina she was so funny , put an M in front and well….
I thought of Tamara when I woke and that thought of do not clench my muscles – I could imagine the pain it would have caused you Image
I also used Kims famous quote – I feel like a cherry bomb has gone off in my ass ! I think the nurses and doctors found me highly entertaining Image
Almost a little sign in itself having our pinky home safe and sound – I skimmed your post and I am glad to hear things ARE improving – you did it girl !
I need to rest my friends – my usual pc position isn’t happening and I am more comfy on my side with a pillow between my legs – that helps :roll:
I have been reading all the posts but its so tricky typing on one side !
Dazzy – Thanks buddy for your well wishes – I hope the movicol will help and if you need any please let me know I can get some to you Ok – try my diet - lentil soup, porridge, oatcakes and weetabix - Hang in there Image
Tamara please continue to update we want to hear you doing well really we do Image
Corsi – it’s all going to be Ok sweetie …..
Thanks my buddies for all your prayers and thinking of me Image Image
Last edited by Guest on 28 Jan 2009, 09:54, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy - My Story !

Postby Deleted User 5 » 28 Jan 2009, 09:49

Wow! thank you for the great write-up, so many people in the future will read this and know what is coming! you are a splendid writer, tabster!
Methadone? Were you wanting to wean off the opiates, my dear? Image
Your hubby *has* been wonderful, tell him I look forward to having a beer with him for taking such good care of you!! Image You are lucky to have such an attentive guy!
I never looked so I don;t know if I had any bruising but I never thought I did. My rectal area wasn't sore, though for the most part. heck, I was pretty darn sore all down there for about 4 days.
Yep, do stay off your arse and I got a kick out of you using my cherry bomb remark!
Hoo hoo! I am so delighted and want to dance a jig! Image
Deleted User 5

Postby Corsi » 28 Jan 2009, 10:08

That is true love Tabby Image I'm not sure I want my bubby to show me that kind of love Image , but who knows he's been around to see everything else so...
It's OK to hear that you have survived, I began to ask around where you could be :D
I have to read you post again, and I guess I will read it several times before my LIS.
I'll ask questions later when you are fit for typing...
Corsica Image Image
PS: Did BM's hurt before LIS?
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 28 Jan 2009, 10:27

Hi Tabby,
I am lying here with tears in my eyes so happy that you are doing so well after surgery and that the pain is very minimal and no pain during poopy doos. And you've been twice already. That is just fantastic. You aren't constipated and you survived and found that it doesn't hurt very much to go so you can get that dread out of your head.

That is so funny about the coincidences. That must have been so, so reassuring. When I had my hernia operation the same nurse that took care of me 15 years earlier for my kidney operation took care of me. That made me feel like it was destinty. (plus she was so sweet and I always remembered her!).

It sounds like you are in good hands, darling with Mr. Derek! My hubbie has seen it all too.

As far as keeping it clean, after my butt surgeries I used a hand hand shower head. I also take some wet tissue and squeeze the water over my bottom. I have also gotten those very soft baby wash clothes and have used those too.

Just rest and we'll be here when you need it!

Postby Corsi » 28 Jan 2009, 11:49

SMAAASK Image
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby cherylk » 28 Jan 2009, 13:15

Tab,
Great to hear you are doing soooo well. That is terrific. I will share your good news the next time I talk with Dwight as he loves to hear good news. Day in and day out he deals with terminal patients, but he tells me that energizes and uplifts him. Take care and rest!! Image
xxxx
Image Image Image Image Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby pinky » 28 Jan 2009, 14:32

Dear Tabs, Image for remebering me.im so relieved to know everything went well.Its great to know you feel good.Make sure you rest well and take it easy even if you feel well.Your hubby's a star.

After LIS,i had severe burning pain after pooping which made it difficult to clean the area.i would jump into the sitz bath screaming in pain but the area wouldnt be clean.Poop stuck to the wound hurt more.Hubby would clean it with some wet cotton once the pain subsided.It was too sore to use the shower head.Even i felt bruised and sore all day and no pain except for 30mins after pooping.my case was different with infection and diarrohea.Have they given u any antibiotics?did u have only LIS or skin tag removal as well?i have to go through your previous thread to know why you went for LIS.i thought botox was working for you.but im glad its all over and the healing rates are higher with LIS than with botox.do you have any leaking?
Do take good care and dont sit on your butt as Kim advices.
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Guest » 28 Jan 2009, 15:07

Kim – I sure did feel like an airhead asking for methodone !!
I am a very lucky woman to have such a wonderful husband – I do thank my lucky stars everyday – he gave the wink for that beer buddy Image
Corsi – I had no choice but to let hubby help – I had such a nappy on that every time I peed it would get a little wet :oops: not ideal conditions and the sticky tape is no fun !!
Did my bms hurt before LIS...Well not really since the botox that glass feeling has been a distance memory so I sure did have some healing going on – my issues were as soon as I had been there seemed to be an instant tightness like a tight squeezing inside, I had that most mornings followed by the ache = under those conditions it was only a matter of time before that vicious circle kicked in again !
I cried at your reply Tootie - Oh my its emotional times isnt it Image
Good tip sweetie and one I used this morning with cotton balls – I am OCD about keeping the area clean
Wonder where I can find chamomile Image
Cheryl – I love that flag – How cute Image
Thank you and Dwight for ALL your prayers Image
Dear pinky :D
Happy New Year sweetheart – it is so good to see you !
Thanks for your input it helps -
I had closed LIS and part of my tag removed – I think that is what he said Image
I cannot see any incision marks and the tag looks pretty neat, I did not get any a/bs, the nice nurse said that the voltarol would be best to take rather than paracetomol as it fights infection !
That messy poop is a nightmare but of course it will be because of the swelling, its so tender to touch and I relate to what you say…
Maybe what I have just said to Corsi might explain to why I felt LIS was my only way forward...
I will catch up on your thread too Image Was so relieved to read things are getting better for you Image
I must go and bathe now Image
With love Cherry Bomb Bum Image

Postby Guest » 28 Jan 2009, 15:15

Yeah, that sticky poop is so hard to deal with. The leftover debris burns. I have had to use a q-tip and still do a few times a week to make sure I get it all-otherwise any friction just rubs it in and really irritates it.

When do you go back for a check-up?

Have a nice bath. Image

Postby val » 28 Jan 2009, 15:17

Glad you're doing so well and haven't had the poopy-do-dread hanging over you! Your hubby is wonderful!
I never looked at mine afterwards as I is a coward!!! So I dont know if it was bruised, but I would assume it was - most surgeries leave bruises and swelling.
I used the shower head, wiping was impossible as it was so sore. Did you have stitches? I found that they were quite sore, for quite a while.
The worst is over - things can only get better now! Image
Take care xx
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86