Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy - My Story !

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy - My Story !

Postby val » 29 Jan 2009, 14:27

Glad your doing sooo well Tabs, thats great!
When you say discharge do you mean blood? I bled for about 3 weeks, I think - a little less each day until it just went away.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 29 Jan 2009, 15:34

Thanks Tootie – I didn’t answer your question – My surgeon said a 3 month follow up not a check up he said !!
Your right Kim I must upload a photo – Say cheese Image
Corsi – The more I think the more I am sure now that the left side with the bruisng is where the incision is – I can see a very very tiny pip size wound, the 6oclock must be the tag as that looks more like skin !
This afternoon I had some intense shooting pains from this left side wound Image
The LIS inscion in most cases is that small that many will not notice – I know Jens case was a little different and she had quite a big wound :roll:
Do you have a skin tag Corsi ??
There can be incontinent issues that do come part and parcel of LIS – Cheryl is right in most cases it will resolve in time – I would be more worried if I couldn’t hold a bm :oops: Don’t sweat it !
Oh and I asked my surgeon what were my risks for incontinence he told me 2% quite a differnece from what my gp told me Image
And for the record I had no clear out prior to LIS – I have read this before that some don’t due to pain of having fissure ....
Dear Val Image
Discharge is a browny colour no funky smell and not too much really - have been taking baths with a little salt – so far I have passed no blood when having BM :roll:
Is there a color that would ring alarm bells ???
Thank you all my buddys Image :wub:

Postby Guest » 29 Jan 2009, 16:56

I had some brown discharge following surgery which I was told was normal. I think if it persists though you should ask about it. Any excuse to talk to your doctor, right??!!

What'cha been doing with your bad self?

Postby Corsi » 30 Jan 2009, 02:20

Tabby wrote: And for the record I had no clear out prior to LIS – I have read this before that some don’t due to pain of having fissure ....

What do you mean here?....my English...
Isn't it normal to have different kinds of pain after surgery? After all they have cut quite deep, and when that heals it is bound to hurt?
I really don't know what a skin tag is, I am more familiar with external hemorroids.
You will be fine Tabby, just give it time Image
Did you get laxatives at the hospital? Messy?
:redlove: Corsica Image
Last edited by Anonymous on 08 Apr 2009, 03:05, edited 1 time in total.
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 30 Jan 2009, 04:08

Toot toot tootie Image Love ya !
What have i been doing - Well it goes a little something like this - i wake i poop i bathe i lay down, i eat i poop i bathe i lay down, eat again lay down maybe have little nap then eat again - its all very tiring you know Image the bathing is such a hassle BUT it helps so much - i bathe 5 times in the day :D
I have to go and see my GP on Tuesday - No other nastys going on so it should be cool - KOW Image
Yer i would think so Corsi - all the nerves and such recovering no doubt :roll:
I get your CRS more wounds at this time is not a good idea Image
By clear out i mean prep (laxitives) prior to LIS i had nothing through the post and expected an enema that morning but no :D
After inspection this morning to answer your question i say roughly half an inch from the hole - very hard to see today as it must be healing up :D
It all looks very good down there today Image
Thanks girls Image Image Image Image Image Image

Postby cherylk » 30 Jan 2009, 07:31

Tab,
Like your avatar says, you are really kicking ass with your healing curve! Image
xxx Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 30 Jan 2009, 08:41

Hey Tabby,
Your days sounds a lot like a baby's! How is the discharge? Are you being treated like a queen? I sure hope so!

I had my skin tag removed when I had my hem surgery but with so much going on I don't remember if that hurt since it all hurt. But it is gone now and that is nice! That thing would get so irritated all the time. A skin tag usually is a flap of tissue Corsi, like a remnant or scar tissue from an injury or hemorrhoid but can act very similarly to a hemmie if connected to a blood source it can swell up and hurt. To me, mine was like a thrombosed external hemorrhoid. But yeah, if no hurtee, no cuttee, cause we all now how anal wounds like to take their own sweet time to heal.

Keep kick ass, Tabster! You are beautiful!

Postby Guest » 30 Jan 2009, 09:21

Hey my cupcakes Image
I am not lifting a finger its great and it is aiding in my healing I am sure !
I have been reading Twilight which I love Tootie !!
Ok the discharge which is very very minimal seem to be a lighter colour today maybe almost a pinkish and clearish color Image
That tag area is super sensitive just now – I will keep bathing away...
It is amazing how much the bruising has gone down my body is kicking ass and I love it Image
You are just as beautiful my Toot Image

Postby Deleted User 5 » 30 Jan 2009, 09:26

Oh, my, youse guys are so saccharine sometimes! Really!
I feel a little queasy!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 30 Jan 2009, 09:26

Yea! You are reading Twilight! How far are you into it? I knew you would like it!!!

The discharge sounds normal-so rock on with that. I can imagine that tag area is going to be pretty sore for a time being. Once everything closes you can put some a&d ointment on it just to protect it in the final healing stages. Wow-your bruising is already going away? That is wonderful! What position is the most comfortable for you???

:sprinkleheart: