Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy - My Story !

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy - My Story !

Postby Deleted User 5 » 28 Jan 2009, 16:16

Well, at least you didn't ask for meth! That might have ended everything right there!
I can see you hanging off the OR table, crying out, "Meth! METH! Please let me have some meth for the pain!!"
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 28 Jan 2009, 16:31

That is so funny-can I have some methadone, you see I am a heroin addict and if I don't get this I am going to go psycho on your @ss!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 28 Jan 2009, 17:02

"My name is TABBY and if you don't gimme some methadone RIGHT NOW I will sick several kittens on your ARSE!" Image
Deleted User 5

Postby newmom » 29 Jan 2009, 09:23

Oh Tabby....I'm so pleased to hear how well you are doing! I looked at my bummy after and all I had was a small bruise on the left side...it almost resembled sort of like a clamp mark?? I don't know what the hell they put up there and really I don't care because I haven't had a stitch of pain since the day after surgery!
HaHa....I need meth!!! That made me laugh out loud!!
At first I too had trouble keeping the area poop-free because I didn't want to wipe too hard and my bm's were to soft so a little poop would stick around but a bath took care of that!
How are with holding in toots? It seems for me that sometimes I can and sometimes I can't? The ones that escape are not loud or obnoxious it just surprises me...but I just giggle to myself!! It seems the more relaxed I am that's when they slip out...makes sense I guess. I did have my last botox shot less than 3 months ago so maybe the little bit of gas incontinence will clear up after it's all left my system....don't get me wrong, if it never clears up I will not care!! I have my life back and so will you!!!!! I'm so very happy for you!!
newmom
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Guest » 29 Jan 2009, 10:11

Meth – LOL – Yikes I think they would have transferred me to rehab !!
I LOVE YOU GUYS – Did I tell you that !!
Ok so here I am day 2 – Morning poop just flew out I was like WOW cool :flush:
But then I got all anxious because I couldn’t go that second time like I usually do , most times I go twice but there are occasions just the once suffices
I am over it now :shocked1:
So I was checking the area out lastnight the swelling has reduced and the brusing has gone from black to grey now – its looking good and from what I can see the tag is totally gone I think – I say I think because I have what looks like a tiny tag at 6oclock area, maybe it is the inscion or maybe the incision is the tag area and the 6oclock tag is the remnants of my tag (I am sure he said he removed part of my tag )– who cares no point in analyzing what’s what there is still swelling so all will look a little deformed ...
I have been reading lots of your guys LIS threads and how many wouldn’t even look – but like a certain someone else I just have to see what is going on, so back to lastnight I noticed discharge which I think is normal right ?????
I patted the area this am when I woke and there was a little more discharge, the area was a little easier to clean – the pain is well not pain just discomfort again all I have taken today is one paracetmol and I will take another volotrol at dinner time :computer:
Thanks Tamara Image
It could well be possible that the botox is still lingering I had that incontinence feel for quite some time - 12 weeks plus so maybe that is just what is happening which is great really - an added release of tension which is all good as you will heal up in no time !
Tooting seems to be much easier sometimes they do just slip out and sometimes I can control them, I have to giggle too when one just slips by without a feeling – ITS BLISS !! I am soooo happy for you too Tamara ! Image
Toot on !! Image

Postby Corsi » 29 Jan 2009, 10:46

Did you see Amy in rehab?
How far from the hole :oops: is the incision site? Does it hurt? The cut is quite big isn't it?
Hey, are both you and Tamara gas incontinent? I would not like that at ALL, how embarrasing. I will go through with surgery, but incontinence isn't a funny thought.
Can it be because you just had surgery?
I'm so happy you are doing OK Tabby Image
Corsica
Last edited by Anonymous on 29 Jan 2009, 14:09, edited 1 time in total.
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 29 Jan 2009, 10:54

I haven't had LIS and I think sometimes I am gas incontinent. But I don't really try that hard to hold it in. Guess that is how I got my name! Image

Postby cherylk » 29 Jan 2009, 10:57

I remember the CRS told me at Mayos that some people are gas incontinent after Botox. I would think gas incontinence would happen more readily than the other type of incontinence. Maybe it will go away after awhile.
Tab--I am glad you are recovering OK. Just relax and rest!
xx
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Deleted User 5 » 29 Jan 2009, 11:21

Amazing recovery so far, Tabby! What an inspiration you are to all of us!
Yeah, no use in analyzing your anus until a couple weeks from now! No wait, maybe hourly photos? :0 Image
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 29 Jan 2009, 11:28

My doctor told me not to look for 2 weeks because she said it would look worse before it got better, but that was with hem surgery. I think it is hard to tell what is what down there with the brusing and swelling. The discharge is normal at this point.

I am so glad you checked in. I didn't see it when I first posted here, so I was a little worried. I think the others are right, let's wait to analyze but it is good to keep an eye on things. I can't believe it was just the day before yesterday-you are doing so great!

Bombs away!