Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy - My Story !

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy - My Story !

Postby Corsi » 05 Mar 2009, 02:42

Have any healing itch yet Tabby?
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby pinky » 05 Mar 2009, 04:47

Hi Tabby,we went to Glasgow last weekend to visit friends and i thought about you a lot.you live in scotland,right?hope you are doing great
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Guest » 05 Mar 2009, 08:32

Hey Corsi !
I have a slight itch that comes and goes , more itchy after bathing but not an intense itch !
Its nice to hear you getting out and about Pinky – I do live in Scotland , Glasgow is about 2 hours from me , we go down regular as we have family there too !
I like Glasgow, it is a cool city and I love the glaswegian accent :paddysmiley1:

Postby derryboy » 06 Mar 2009, 10:38

hiya my tabby 1/2 hr away neighbour :):). how are you doing after your hosi surgery, all gd i hope babe. hope your gettin around more are feeling less painful, take care my friend xx
derryboy
King Fissure

Topics: 20

Postby Guest » 06 Mar 2009, 16:31

Thanks Dazzy :paddysmiley1:

Postby Guest » 04 Apr 2009, 06:50

Update -
Things are going good 10 weeks since LIS Image
I still have days where i have discomfort and such but that is more annoyance than anything :roll: I have my follow up in 2 weeks time so we will see what is going on !
I want to talk about periods ! sorry guys but :roll:
Period times were always my killer time ! but since the LIS things have improved, I don’t feel that tight rectum feeling - happy days !! but this last period I had waves of spasms on my buttocks !! not sore atall but a very werid sensation Image
WTF does it mean ! why and what is it ? answers on a postcard please..
Also SALT WATER !
I have been using salt water to clean and bath in since the LIS !
But think now that it is maybe causing an irritation on the skin, do you think the salt can dry the skin too much ? I should probley stop using it right ?
Thanks all ! Image
Last edited by Guest on 05 Apr 2009, 07:05, edited 1 time in total.

Postby val » 04 Apr 2009, 12:57

I have spasms in the week before- I think because the area is all close to each other one cramp kind of sets off another! Thats my expanation for it anyway! Its probably not medically correct!
Salt water definitely dries skin out and causes irritation. Have you tried blue savlon? Brilliant stuff, I use it every day with no problems!
Its great you're doing so well! Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Apr 2009, 13:38

What was your initial reasoning behind using salt water?
I think I have heard other boardies describe the same type spasming during their periods...
I would be hoping you'd be completely out of the woods by now, Tabby, like I felt after ten weeks. Poopers on that, but it's still cool beans that you have made it this far! Image
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 04 Apr 2009, 15:44

Yeap - butt spasms during PMS still here too !!! Image Not big deal except that they always freak me out since I still forget that there is obvious connection Image I frolic happily around for 3 weeks and forget about my butt and all of the sudden (eeeeeeek eeeeek eeeeek - this is a music from horror Psycho movie LOL - Kim we need some sound effects on the forum please LOL). Anyways - I start wondering what the heck is going on NOW ???!!!! :roll: - and than I remember - IT IS TIME for the most wonderful time of the month Image !!!
Well, now what are those buttock spasms Image - I really do not know "Tubby",maybe since LIS procedure some of the nerve impulses decided to change the direction :roll: - I would certainly like that more than my butt reminding me of it's existence Image .
Salt water ??? Are you trying to "pickle your butt" LOL - JK JK !!!!! Image Image Image I think you should stop it if it irritates your bum -bum ...
Hope you get better ASAP !!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby pinky » 04 Apr 2009, 15:58

Hi Tabby,good to know you are recovering well.I know the discomfort feeling.I hate PMS too.even ive had the tight feeling during periods and it seems to have gotten better with mag which relaxes everything.i finally got the primose tabs as you adviced and will try this month.
salt water and hot water irritated my skin and i stopped havn sitz bath.
Do post after your appt. Image
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6